help identify please

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad1981

Mick
Reaction score
YuSh7

Hi all i just picked up a heap of equipment from brissy saw, cabbing machines, blades, stones and more just need to set them up now.
I got 1 machine i would like help with not sure what it is used for will be first couple of photos
Any help will be apreciated
Thanks Mick
http://imgur.com/a/YuSh7

Nice haul you got a lot of very useful equipment - hope it was procured at the right price.

The big white machine is used for cutting very thin slithers of opal that are then used in opal triplets. The blades act like an egg slicer to cut the slithers.

Thankyou Dughug any chance you would know what the name for the opal slicing machine is. Yeah 800 for the lot couldn't pass it up

You certainly got a bargain- you can easily double your money if you were to sell them off individually.
I don't know what the make of the opal saw is. The diamond blades for the "cheese slicer" are imported and come in various sizes and lengths. The machine has been well used and does need new a new set of blades. You'd probably pay as much for the blades as you did with your acquisition.

Latest posts