Afternoon at Eldorado

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivarat

Brad Grant
Reaction score
Met up with the the family today at Eldorado for a look around.
After a quick stop at the dredge, (the creek was running right to the top of the banks) it was off into the hills to look for some crystals.
Most were small, or broken, but brought back a small coffee jar full.
After all the rain yesterday, who would have guessed that we could have done with a bucket of water. So we were left scratching out dirt and picking out the crystals by shape. The amethyst is only about 12mm long. But it was a nice day to be out.

1438504268_photo0203.jpg

Nice work!

I've been meaning to look for gems up here but just not sure how to, is it just dig anywhere on the hillside of the creek? Or did you go up cemetery road or something.

Tom

Nice finds rivarat, did the amethyst stick out easily or did you nearly throw it? I usually have to be in the right angle of light in the sun otherwise I skip right over the little purples

We must have walked over the bit of amethyst a dozen times before I picked it up. On the ground it showed no hint of color, it was in the shade though just picked it for its crystal shape.

Latest posts