Minelab SD2200 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gday Pickocore , do you have a manual or better still the operational video ?
The vid explains things very well and is easier than writing it all here . I can organise a copy of the cd for you if u like.
But generally id run both channels in N and in all metal with the 11inch as a standard set up.

Gaz.

Thanks Mat saved me some time :), the vid on youtube will explain a bit about switching to fixed and also the level adjust set up which would take forever to explain here.

The UFO & the 18" DD might be around the same depth. You might find the UFO a bit noisey on the SD2200D depending on what the ground is like. In that case the 18"DD will be better.

The videos helped alot! The level adjust is the only confusing part now still don't know quiet how to use that. Have you got any tips mate? Is it best to start anti clockwise or clockwise?

When in all metal the level adjust only affects the tracking. From memory I think I used to find that running at about 1-2 o'clock was best.
If you are going to try one of the discrimination modes (I rarely used it as I've always been told its unreliable at best) I think about 10 o'clock was recommended.

Yeah I run at 12 oclock , but soon as you get a signal , ground balance around the target area but not over it then put it into fixed. this will help prevent a small signal canceling out. This method gives u a bit more room for error if u are running it a bit high. Dont be scared to go higher as u get used to it .
Gaz.

Pickocore said:
The videos helped alot! The level adjust is the only confusing part now still don't know quiet how to use that. Have you got any tips mate? Is it best to start anti clockwise or clockwise?
Let me know if you are still struggling to get your head around the level setup and ill try explain what it actually does.

Get a booster (best thing for 2200)
Get your hands on a 14" coiltek dd pro elite
Set threshold quite low but crank booster, all metal, fixed, both channels.
Headphones
Scrub coil on ground at all times
Ground balance often.
Pro-tip: noise cancel with coil flat on the ground (lol i'm no pro)

All this works for me, and will pick up lead shot shallow and a rusty bolt head to 20"
:)

Yeah the level adjust makes more sense after the videos now. I run a booster which makes a huge difference it's a gold zapper mk 2? Not sure if they are the best booster but it does work better?
I'll have to get my hands on a pro elite any other coils worth buying?

It's my grandfather's Sd2200 that he gave to me and ive only used it a couple of Times so far. Not sure what mods have been done but it has new switches..

M-S-D

M1-SMOOTH-M2

GAIN +

Anyone want to explain these also?

msd s=shallow d= deep m= medium
gain + is it a switch or rotatory pot
I think its been moded by woody at Frankston if you contact him he will give you a complete run down on what's what's regards john

1438516119_mms_20150802_211503.jpg

It's a rotary pot.

Latest posts