⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MJB said:
PhatGeology said:
AHHHHHHHHH i want a pan that looks like that lol literally i have never found over 3 specs of gold in my pans around adelaide, and i mean even after panning out the sluce i still only had one or two grains and its even the same story for my mate :( we must be doing something wrong
Hi Phat,

SA is terrible for gold...at least in the SE of the state. Not sure how far for you but I have to hike 2.5hrs to Ararat to get to my nearest goldfield but the results are always better than 3 specks in the pan.

You should try and make the ballarat meet getting planned for September

Danm I used to own a rental property in Ararat ..regret selling it now :(
Hind sight is 20/20.

1438512346_14385083018030.jpg
1438512392_14385083292841.jpg
todays results for a very lazy 1 hours digging by myself and mjb At ararat. :) would have liked to seen the results if we really put in.

Yeah i think mjb's done a good job chasing the better colour there.last time i was there it was the finnest colour i had ever seen.we wold have only been 2 meters from where u were last time golddigga.better water supply there at the moment to. :)

Bloody good stuff Kman !

We had a great day out at Ararat yesterday for a bit of lighthearted Highbanking and panning. I took my young fella out so between shovels and pans I was keeping an eye out for him to make sure he hadn't wandered off anywhere.

That definitely is the biggest gold I have seen come out of there and the final cleanup always draws a smile. The black sand is prolific and likened to Eldorado but Kmans rare earth magnet made light work of seperating it out.

I did not get any pics of the setup but we had Kmans banker and mine at th bottom of his collecting anything that got passed his miners moss under expanded under riffle setup. After a half hour diggin we did a clean up and I only found a few finer colours in mine where as his had caught the vast majority. Not bad considering his pump was a little under powered and ther was not really enough water going through. A slightly bigger pump next time will have the banker running well.

This is the best gold of the day...
1438555772_photo-0454.jpg

The young fella had a ball with his old man :D

G0lddigg@ said:
good to see the young fella out and about maybe next time well give him his own highbanker to feed :)
Or better still the dads can sit up on the bank sipping on tinnys around the fire while the kids do all the digging.

In the top one? Nah just the one but I know the little pebble to the left looks promising; it's just the it was reflecting the light. My mate said the same thing when I showed him.

Latest posts