Jump starter packs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm after some advice about a jump starter pack, which is the best, or preffered type. Ive had a look at lithium ion type and the old conventional type. The lithium ion types are a lot smaller and apparently only need charging every 3 months or so if not used, also can be charged in the in the car on the go. Apparently good for maybe 3 or so jumps b4 having to recharge. Not so long leads though. What does everybody else have and are these new lithium ion things better or worse? Cheers Andy.

Hi chewy im a newby i have the small battery from repco got me out of trouble last week will not go in the bush without one you only charge it up after use the good thing about mine you just plug it into your cig socket and put ignition on accesories and wate 15min and start your car if its raining you wont get wet i keep mine under my seat it will hold a full charge for 2 years and you can get over 200 charges from it going to get one for my wife hope this helps cheers

Thanks radar. I had a flat battery a few weeks back and it got me thinking about being stuck out in the scrub. So thought it might be a good insurance policy.

Yep that's them. They're a fair bit more compact than the traditional type jump starters, which makes me wonder why they even still sell the others. :/

That's Lithium battery technology for you, better than carting around a dead weight around in the back of the vehicle.

Chewy, I bought the same as in the below ebay listing from Anvil Electronics, looks exactly the same as the Powerall unit, and has the same specs. No doubt they are all sourced from the same factory, both brands even use the same packaging graphics.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SolarKin...09?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item25aa374495

Yeah it's interesting, I was looking at another brand that is identical to both of these above. I really cant think of any reason that I would buy the old clunker type now. Thanks for the helpful advice guys. I'll buy 1 tomorrow. Cheers Andy.

radar said:
Hi chewy im a newby i have the small battery from repco got me out of trouble last week will not go in the bush without one you only charge it up after use the good thing about mine you just plug it into your cig socket and put ignition on accesories and wate 15min and start your car if its raining you wont get wet i keep mine under my seat it will hold a full charge for 2 years and you can get over 200 charges from it going to get one for my wife hope this helps cheers
Hey radar, do you mean it feeds power back to the battery thru the cig lighter, so you don't actually connect it to the battery terminals?

Very interesting ...
May have to get one for the truck ....
Thanks for posting ....
Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Chewy said:
Yep that's them. They're a fair bit more compact than the traditional type jump starters, which makes me wonder why they even still sell the others. :/

I recently purchased 'one of the others' , not to start the car but as an all rounder. Has a worklight, 2 ciggy plugs, usb plug and 38ah battery.
I use it to run the 12v oven out in the bush and can charge almost anything.
Back at camp runs the shower.
Keeps my 105 ah 2nd under bonnet battery free to keep up with the fridge.
Was on special at sca a few weeks for for $152.

Picked 1 up Saturday.
1438442797_20150802_003316.jpg

Hi chewy yes you can plug in cig lighter turn everything of put ignition on accesories and in 10-15 mins away you go had to use mine again this morning i have thr porta jump 4x4 one its bigre than ones for cars it has alligator clips as wellhope this helped

Goldpick said:
That's Lithium battery technology for you, better than carting around a dead weight around in the back of the vehicle.

Chewy, I bought the same as in the below ebay listing from Anvil Electronics, looks exactly the same as the Powerall unit, and has the same specs. No doubt they are all sourced from the same factory, both brands even use the same packaging graphics.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SolarKin...09?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item25aa374495

Thanks Goldpick, just purchased one.
Jaros :p

Latest posts