Looking for any good spots near pakenham

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can put me on some fish near pakenham would be great to have a spot close by chers

G'day Dylan,

Pakenham lakes is full of trout. If you Google earth the estate you will notice a series of small ponds to the south east about 600mtrs as the crow flys. There not much to look at, but they are full of reddies. We got 37 in about 45 minutes, with my mate getting 9 fish for 9 casts. We released all the fish as the water quality is pretty poor. The water is shallow and warm which the perch love.
Another place to Google is Frog Hollow and Berwick lakes. I've got a few more places around but they are small waters and would be flogged to death after posting on any forum. All i use is soft plastics, hard bodys and vibes. The fish on offer between Pakenham and the Dandenong Ranges where i am are Trout, Reddies, Silver Perch, Golden Perch and Cod and if your into your coarse/bait fishing, Roach, Tench and huge 10kg plus Carp which are mad fun on light spin gear and they hit Hard Bodys like steam trains:)

But like a few blokes on here, havent done much fishing since getting hooked on Prospecting...

If you head towards Noojee, you will find some excellent rivers also, but waders are a must.

Cheers, NG :)

Awsome mate thanks for the info yeah I live prett close to pakenham lakes iv tried the bigger lake but none of the smaller ponds mite give it a go soon to bloody cold for fishing at the moment lol

Get out there D23. :p This is the best weather to target trout in lakes, the more miserable the better, and a lot of those smaller family fishing lakes have not long ago been stocked with rainbows for the school holidays.

Drive a little further towards warragul and you have Bunyip river, Tarago river and labertouche creek. All 3 have good populations of trout and i myself have caught many over the years out of them.

Latest posts