Outdoorsaustralia youtube channel

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did repair a Sovereign or two here some time ago...

Can not be 100% sure if I tested them and used an Xpointer at the same time, but think the owners did have Xpointers...

Have put the word out; but interesting to see what comes back from others.

I use the xpointer and sovereign.
I do get some sort of interference when i turn on the xpointer. I just point the coil behind me when i squat down to use the pointer and then its ok , i guess its then out of range.
Was a bit of a pain in the begining as it didnt interfere with my ace250 at all
Bit of a bummer but not really a big deal

My xpointer is the original type ... Not the new waterproof one

Sandta said:
I use the xpointer and sovereign.
I do get some sort of interference when i turn on the xpointer. I just point the coil behind me when i squat down to use the pointer and then its ok , i guess its then out of range.
Was a bit of a pain in the begining as it didnt interfere with my ace250 at all
Bit of a bummer but not really a big deal

My xpointer is the original type ... Not the new waterproof one

Yeah my pointer( wader) falses until I move my Sov well away .. both the control box and the coil set it off. Shouldnt be an issue as it only needs to be about 2-3 foot away which is easy enough to do .
I Tested it on a .25 nugget and it picked it up about 10mm away which is pretty good going
I thought. Very happy with it so far :)

Nenad was going to test as well - but I think it is raining out his way...

I am sure he will be able to provide extra feedback.

Can I have your 0.25 gr nugget for testing here :)

I can get a response at an cm on a nuglet that doesnt register on my cheap eBay scales, supposedly accurate to 0.1g.

Hopefully the new scales will give me a higher weight.

Means my stash is bigger :D

GaryO said:
Who has used one with a Sovereign ?

Gaz .

I use a original explorer xs and unless i turn the deteknix on whilst performing a noise cancel the xpointer and detector will interfere with each other.

Ok, did some testing and I'm a little embarassed.

The Deteknix (original version) will ping just under 0.2g at 5-10mm depending on angle of incidence, my testing at the time of purchase was flawed, seems the bit of my desk where I play with my pretties has a small screw underneath right in the spot in front of the keyboard where I put my goodies :8

Confused the hell out of me when I couldn't repeat with nuglet in hand.

ROFLMFAO

Not at you but with you..... :D

I don't have a selection of small nuggets these days... And when I saw your first post... I wanted that nugget for testing.

Tried a few things and thought - that pointer you got must have been one of the one's at the top end of the bell curve, as I was not seeing the same.

Was not too concerned as the XPointer is more about assisting Coin / Relic hunters to target; not detect - so to speak.

Then I saw your latest post... You have any idea how many times I have been caught out when testing and or fixing a problem and then find out - I WAS TRICKING MY SELF.

Thanks for the honest feedback - now I can stop trying to get the same results.... It was becoming frustrating and confusing for me too :rolleyes:

I have seen people tape a small piece of foil or similar onto the side of the probe to increase sensitivity but it can cause some falseing.

The fake Garretts are not bad with small gold from what I can recall.

Reason, is that they are not a pin pointer but a detector...

Will need to get one or two of the fakes I have here, back and working and then test... Need a smallish nugget :)

chinese (cheap) gopro
some trial and error with these crazy cheap gopro type camera's

Latest posts