Jupiter Creek / Echunga SA books and maps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not know enough about other detectors mate so it might be worth starting a new thread asking the question where guys that have owned and used other entry level machines can comment, perhaps give an idea of your budget and keep an eye on the for sale section

Cheers

No luck up there yesterday still getting the feel for the area. There is a lot of varible soil up there, Still getting getting used to the zed language and settings but on that note I was starting to dig old nails etc at .5m need a bigger pick. I did bump into a guy who detects at Jupiter with a gpx 5000 and said he finds gold on a regular basis
at the end of the session I had half a pocket full of 22 bullets, shot pellets and nails I should get in the ammunition business.

Hi Stuart, If your new to prospecting I would personally start using the sdc 2300 its simple, compact and effective I miss mine. but if you want to go deeper a gpx 5000 or 4500 will do great but unfortunately there is a long learning curve with all the different type of settings etc there is a jonathan porter dvd about the 5000 which helped me understand the settings and what to look for while out prospecting really opened my eyes hope this helps. Mick

HI Bacchus,

Been a while since I have been on here,
I managed to get up to Tibooburra with the zed found 30 nuggets on the common and 4 nuggets on mt stuart station at nuggety gully.
on the way home I stopped at ulooloo gold field and scored another 4 nuggets.
the other day I went up to Jupiter creek and finally scored a 4 grammer very porous nugget .
hope all is well
mick

Good work Mick! I'm in Adelaide went up to Jupiter creek once for a swing no luck found a a handful of nails and a couple of cans that said the xterra I have was on its first outing so I was still getting the gist of it, I will be back up there soon.

Hi guys. I have a GP Extreme, if you guys are interested in meeting up let me know. Ive been to Mount Crawford quite a few times but only found wire and bullets.
I work away from home and will be back on the 24th feb for a week.
Cheers,
Paul

No good today paul_mac1 :( hope you do better than i did. Just a lot of junk and heaps of emi.

Did find this little guy though so be carefull :D :D
1466839862_download_20160625_165955.jpeg

Aaaaaahhhhhh thats cute, a yabbie with a pointy tail :| lol

Ill keep an eye out thank you very much.
It's amazing how much rubbish is there.

Cheers,
Paul

Yeah Dave, i ended up switching to the standart 11" coil after about an hour. Its amazing how sensative the evolutions are. Could hear the powerlines playing havoc :eek:

Up at Jupiter creek at the moment not far from path but next to a water spot. Does anyone know a good spot to start so far picking up a lot of led and clear quarts but nothing more. Cheers

Nothing to exciting to report, going to go over some of the rocks we have found and clean them up as they set the detector off but think its mostly lead, what other minerals has everyone found up there?

Heya all! Super newb here, We have been panning some dirt from Jupiter creek, and have *something* in the pan, were not sure what were looking at, but even if it isn't gold me and my mate have been bitten by the bug :)

1475217641_dustystuff.jpg

It is quite orange, but heavier than the dirt and sand. :)

either way, we had fun! Found this community while hunting for answers.

:)

Keen to hear what we've found! Even if its nothing lol

Rax said:
Heya all! Super newb here, We have been panning some dirt from Jupiter creek, and have *something* in the pan, were not sure what were looking at, but even if it isn't gold me and my mate have been bitten

It is quite orange, but heavier than the dirt and sand. :)

either way, we had fun! Found this community while hunting for answers.

:)

It was definitely heavier than the sand, around the same size too. Has us baffled. Thanks for your reply Heatho, ill do some more research and see what i come up with.

Latest posts