GPX Toggle Switch Covers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it a great idea, I brought some a couple of weeks ago ,good quality, and was quick sending them :p great to keep the dust and light rain from the switches.

mbasko said:
You can get them cheaper at Jaycar etc.
Thats great if you live near one, but unfortunately I live 500km from the next town ( Alice Springs) so its Ebay for me ! 8.(

Thanks Blinky but I had already ordered them , Anyway got them and they do the job :cool:

I think I still have a large coil in my garage that was made for the xt17000 by Barry Johnson

deepblue said:
I think I still have a large coil in my garage that was made for the xt17000 by Barry Johnson

With my first xt17000, I had a huge coil that was made in Exmouth by someone, the name of the manufacturer escapes me. Is your Barrie Johnson coil currently unused?

Yes I don't have the XT1700 anymore your more then welcome to it I'll have ago at locating it.

Couple of questions for all the experienced GPX users out there - Has anyone had issues with dirt\dust entering their unit and has anyone fitted the dirt\dust toggle switch covers?
I'm thinking it's a good idea but would like some feed back on them first.

I had them on my GPX5000 but removed them after a couple of outings. Didn't really go much on them & from memory I think one of the main reasons was it could be hard to tell what position the switch was in.
If you clean your machine afterwards & use an enclosed type control box cover in known dusty areas I don't reckon you'd have too many dramas. If I was constantly detecting in bad dust I might have persisted with them?

I've fitted them to my Sovereign Elite to keep the sand and salt spray out at the beach, but I have a feeling that the thin rubber jacket isn't going to last very long.

I know this is an old post, but I almost pulled the trigger on a set of 4 switch covers for $25 from an eBay seller last night. Thought Id search the topic on PA and found this thread. Got the covers from Jacar this morning for $1.85 each. Interestingly, the eBay seller and the Jacar website share the same stock image.

Latest posts