THE REVOLUTION IS HERE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to hear the results. I can't stand open coils getting snagged on sticks. I've got the closed 14 nf advantage and don't have any issues with dirt collection. If I was to choose between dirt collection and getting snagged on sticks I'd go with with dirt collection any day. That's just me though. Its very easy to rid the coil of dirt after locating a target as opposed to getting snagged in sticks every swing.

walshie1000 said:
Can't wait to hear the results. I can't stand open coils getting snagged on sticks. I've got the closed 14 nf advantage and don't have any issues with dirt collection. If I was to choose between dirt collection and getting snagged on sticks I'd go with with dirt collection any day. That's just me though. Its very easy to rid the coil of dirt after locating a target as opposed to getting snagged in sticks every swing.

But the Elite has neither problem, anyway if it's a non issue then all good. My 18" NF was a solid and it was a pain the ass for collecting dirt, leaves and sticks.

old hand said:
Coiltek at Maryborough and Gold Search at Dunolly have coils they a letting people uses :)

I wonder what the hold up is with my local dealer (Ballarat), seems like everyone else has them.

Yeah that's true. Good point. I haven't had the issue however it probably depends where you detecting as well.

The only open web I own is a 16" NFA mono. I bought a solid skidplate for it which in the wrong areas was worse than being open web. So I started using it with the open skidplate over flat terrain, and with the solid skidplate on rocky areas. But yeah, all the rest of my coils are flat solids.

Looking forward to some comparison results.

I found by putting a normal skid plate [solid coil] on a light weight coil [open weave] creates another problem you get a drumming from the coil.We found the best thing was to glue some thin Perspex to the skid plate regards john :)

this was at 4 inches
1435300661_dscn0377.jpg
sorry about the photo quality regards john :)

For those that are interested there is a report on the other forum comparing the 2 14 inch coil by goldchaser under happy with the coil
may be someone smarter than me can post it for others to read regards john :)

Quick report on 14 inch evolution round coil I have been very happy with the preforms I got a 1.5 gram at 6 inch and it was a very good signal others are a 0.3 at 5 inches, one that did not weigh on the scales was at 2 inches
THIS COIL IS NOT GOING INTO PRODUCTION A 15 INCH ROUND SHOULD BE ON THE MARKET IN ABOUT 3 WEEK THATS A 15 ROUND
17X13 IS DUE VERY SHORTLY regards john :)

Are they not releasing the 14" mono. I have been looking for information on it and can only find the 17x13 for sale. Do you know how this coil performs?
Cheers

The 14 inch is NOT going to be released a 15 inch round is due in about 3 weeks .
The 17x13 is out but supplies are scares as there is waiting lists for them ,all reports have been good have a look at gold detecting and prospecting forum you will find some reports regards john

Have always loved NF coils but but getting a bit frustrated waiting on the new ones. Had my heart set on the
14 inch over the coil tech just cause of ( Maybee misguided brand loyalty) but then find out there not producing it? . Well I start thinking it couldn't compete with the coiltech to they've changed to the 15inch?. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the way it looks to me.
Ps haven't brought the coiltech yet but leaning towards it

Been keeping an eye on the 17 x 13 but to me it seemed like it was rushed out as it is a different coil Being elliptical to the round that they were going to release. Almost like hey our round isn't as good as the elite so we will throw out an elliptical cause it doesn't compete, then work on getting our round better. I'm not trying to bag them but that's just the way I see it ( have been known to be pretty cynical , but say it as I see it)

We can only speculate as to why the 14" round was canned. I can say after seeing the mono elite and the 17x13 side by side on the same target that they are on par performance wise so i doubt it was a performance issue. The elite on the 4500 in enhance and all FP settings gave as good of a response as the 17x13 on a 5000 in fine gold with all FP settings. So from what I saw they are very similar performance wise. Each coil has its pros and con's in my opinion. Shape, weight, ground coverage, depth etc.
If your set on the round coil the 15" will be out shortly and knowing NF I'm sure that will be a great coil also.

Thanks for the information guys. After much deliberation and hours of internet browsing i have ordered the coiltek elite. Hopefully it will be here before i head bush on Monday.

Hi guys I have been using a proto type 14 NF for several weeks and have been very happy with it .To make a light weight coil with the flat wiring that is stable and not going to play up its struggling for room on the 14 inch that's why its going to be a 15 inch .The 17x13 has always been on the drawing board regards john :)

Latest posts