Digging out a reef

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone, I thought I'd share some more photos from the processing of this reef gold.
We crushed it today, the rich gold we crushed with the GRB 777 Mini and the main lot of material put through our GRB 777 XL.
The rich stuff we just panned off as there was only 2 kg of rock, which is in the photo. the main lot we will put through the dryblower then onto the shaker table. Anything over 500microns we will put into a ball mill before it goes onto the shaker table.
The video will follow soon.
1412664313_image.jpg

1412664608_image.jpg

1412664314_image.jpg

Great product, great marketing on the forum but a bit ordinary having to go on a 5 week waiting list.

Spoke to Jake who told me demand is exceeding supply and parts are the issue!

Sack the parts interpreter fella's ;)

Kind Regards

Metamorphic said:
Great product, great marketing on the forum but a bit ordinary having to go on a 5 week waiting list.

Spoke to Jake who told me demand is exceeding supply and parts are the issue!

Sack the parts interpreter fella's ;)

Kind Regards

Haha I need to tell the ships captain to speed the hell up..... The pallet load of motors are holding up the production line. ;)

Hey mate,

So we ended up with about 10 ounces out of the last crush. So grand total was over 20 ounces. We lost the leader and any signal on the last dig so I think that was it. Wish it kept going!
Bloody good fun though

Gotta be happy with over 20oz mate, pity it's gone the way of the dodo, any chance it may of been a stringer, or offshoot from a larger source, i have done some work at a small 2 man show mine here in the GT, these guys basically found the short reef with detectors and started digging, within 2-3weeks she was gone, they come back to where they originally found it and sank on it, roughly 2meters later they picked it up the edge of it, they're down fairly deep now it has some wicked twists and folds in it.
Best of luck guys, hope you find a new one :)

Yup, Yup This is the stuff I Almost Broke my back on today Big goolie about 45 kgs Trying to Crack it open 4-5 Lifts & Drops onto Other large rocks in the stream bed till finally a Chunk of about 10 -15 kg Broke off.
Heavily Oxidized inside pieces.
Some of the Gold in my chunk looks softish spongy ? ..Could it be different type of gold?.
Some are small flecks in the quartz but the main Big seems appear quite rusty 'ish & the gold is all around the oxidation much like the picture Above.
The Big chunk of quartz I picked up off a Bar just below the Bend in the stream was sitting on top close to the sharp S Bend & its been Tumbled down the stream for ? Years or been under water for ? years as its Rounded of quite a bit.

Some Serious Looking machinery you have there.

Got my Hammer and chisel & will go back am tomorrow & Break half off & Back pack it home.

If you have more pictures of the Vein I would love to see them & will load some of the specimen I got today as soon as my camera & lens get sorted .

Cheers

Latest posts