Urgent Contact

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
URGENT: Sharing on behalf of Molly Crozier - nee Rooks

I am trying to find my mum and dad - Anne & Fred Rooks, who are travelling around southern Queensland in their caravan. Dads family desperately need to get in touch with him. They have a green Nissan 4WD, Rego YEC 326 . Please share this post, in case someone runs into them. Tell them to call home.
I was asked to post this on fossicking websites. Cheers Ted

Thankyou K man and Peter, its not personal for me, was asked to post on fossicking sites by pres. of local lapidary club as he had a request. Brings it home we should give contact details to our family when heading bush.
Cheers Ted

Stories like this show why a satellite phone would be an item that I personally would want on any extended or remote location trip now. They are pretty cheap to have now in the scheme of things. Either that or making a point of getting to a known reception area & checking in with someone every few days or once a week at least.

Which state is the vehicle registered in? I assumed the ACT however there is no record of that plate.
Jon

blisters said:
Which state is the vehicle registered in? I assumed the ACT however there is no record of that plate.
Jon
Sorry Jon I have posted all the info I was given. Yes I agree that 90% mobile coverage in the outback is an advertising myth.

fossickeract said:
blisters said:
Jon
Sorry Jon I have posted all the info I was given. Yes I agree that 90% mobile coverage in the outback is an advertising myth.
So do I. Edited my post as another one was removed above it so it made no sense.
Definitely a heap of black spots around.

I would be guessing they would have done that & asking to get it out there on fossicking/lapidary forums is just another possible way of getting it out there.
I don't think that the police will/could do too much without an exact location. They themselves aren't actually missing - just not contactable at the moment.

Explorer385 said:
Well done mods.

Hope everything turns out well FossickerACT.

We should all help in such cases wherever we can.

Terry

To a point.

Fair enough to pass on a message to the wayward parents, but gotta be careful to respect their privacy too.

Don't want to be the unwitting agent for someone with an ulterior motive,

Latest posts