Wally69's Nugget Hunting Practice. The By-Catch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pity the old tin wasn't full of flour gold(heavier with no air spaces) Wally.

silver said:
Pity the old tin wasn't full of flour gold(heavier with no air spaces) Wally.

Always have the same thought every time I dig one up....... :rolleyes: ....one day

This one was used for target practice :mad: I found about 50 bullets around it before I tracked them to the source of my frustration.

I found 3 torpedo bottles a week ago that were also used for target practice, it makes a grown man cry 8.( 8.(

1435748603_image.jpg

All good & full tins of gold come to those who wait(and persist) Wally. and hopefully full Torpedo bottles too.

Ahhhh,....Wally got a round fifty,... that's what rung out in our lounge room. :eek:

Very nice, can cross a few finds off the bucket list with that silver 50c and a couple of tasty rising suns. Would love to find another one of those 50c one day, too many people hoarding them rather than dropping them. :)

Another nice haul Wally
Those rising suns look great. You dont get to see many 50c pieces plucked from the wild.

Goldpick said:
Very nice, can cross a few finds off the bucket list with that silver 50c and a couple of tasty rising suns. Would love to find another one of those 50c one day, too many people hoarding them rather than dropping them. :)
Hehe I have a few I'm hoarding in my collection. :)

They have approximately the same silver by mass as the florin Chewy so are worth hoarding.

I have been waiting for a florin to surface from this site but have dug just about everything else. Big silver looks great when it comes out of the ground and I thought I had that mystical florin but was very surprised to see it surface.

The 39 & 41 HPs, razor sharpener, watch and small rising sun came from the same spill along with about 20 canvas islets so am thinking it is an old tent site.

Great thing is I walked away leaving more targets for another day.

Looks like I am on a florin-less silver run ;) Bagged these taking a quick detour today

1436002632_image.jpg

Bought a new digging tool from Miners Den Parramatta (gratuitous plug intended), it is a real weapons at cutting circular plugs, and silver chains that are layed out in a line :8

1436002659_image.jpg

1436002684_image.jpg

Latest posts