Whites SPP information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi Nenad all the SPP that were first released in Aus have had new circuit boards fitted at GSA ,all sold from when the hiccup was resolved have the new circuit boards fitted in the U.S regards john

Phase tech' all the upgrades should now be part of the SPP & SL PCB from factory, unfortualntly just opening the box could affect warranty' but if an older machine was picked up cheep the mods can be done quite simple.

Hi Reg

Mmm that new coil your talking about sounds just great!! And the thought of in theory having a bigger search coil that has good depth but is also quite sensitive on small gold would be fantastic best of both worlds.
The choice of having a bigger coil then the stock coil and more sensitive a win win for everyone.

I seen that if you upgrade the tdioz it will have the same smooth threshold as the spp is it worth buying the tdi n doing the mods or is that just a waste of $$ i live in nrthn nsw n just want to find gold round sofala bathurst n new england area so are these machines ideal n sorry to ask stupid ?? But what does smooth threshold mean ??

If you were going to buy a TDI and mod it, just get the SPP it's $1000 cheeper.

A lot of people don't Relise but even getting a minelab modded you need to understand the machine first otherwise you will only make the confusion worse' hence why so many for sale that just had the mods done...
So buying a new TDI and getting the mods done could be a silly mistake not to mention completely ruin the 2 years warranty.

In my eyes people like myself buy alternate branded equipment because they just can't justify huge outlays which technically does the same job, if your still interested later up the track "upgrade" I myself jumped in and out' from bigger/better machines to realize what I had was fine & suitable.

Good observation Zuke. I read the story about a couple of old timers who had two detectors between them and were worth about $800 all up. They regularly find good gold on difficult ground. There's a story in there and you touched on it by saying that bigger and better doesn't necessarily equal bigger and better returns.

Thanx for the input gents its just i dont have alot of $$ and doubt that id upgrade regularly im not trying to make a living out of it maiinly want to spend time with the kids but they not gonna stay interested long if i got crap gear that cant find anything n does the spp take all the coils like the tdi?
Also what is this threshold that ppl always talk about
Cheers!

Get the SPP if your budget it $2000 as you will have a few $ left over for equipment, they also work on the beach pretty well.

The threshold is the background hum its adjustable and some set it to quiet. The TDI pro tends to be a little noisey but not as bad as the minelabs, the SPP Is very very smooth almost like the machine isn't working and if you run the SPP on good quality AA's that put out more voltage you will nearly equal the TDI pro, also yes it does use the same coils and a lot of minelab ones work as well but no where near as good as the Razorback brand.

Thanx bro il get the spp n il use that with the 4stack gold cube with trommel
I know the trommel is illegal but i dont care as compared to the massive mines my lil outfit does 9/8 of % all when it comes to the enviroment !!!
Thanx for the input as didnt wanna waste $$$ also zuke you wouldnt know where to find maps of gold areas for free on the net
Cheers

Yeah i know soon as you mention goldmaps locals just go quiet lol
Thanx for all ur help very much appreciated !!

"The more you pay for something, the more you expect from it".
I'm sure that's why the Minelab GPZ7000 isn't as popular as it should be. Too many people thinking it was going to pay for itself, or find those hidden big ones.
At 1500 bucks for the SPP, you will be concentrating on having fun, not paying off a huge dept. Gold is the bonus here.

Just my opinion

Gold Diver said:
"The more you pay for something, the more you expect from it".
I'm sure that's why the Minelab GPZ7000 isn't as popular as it should be. Too many people thinking it was going to pay for itself, or find those hidden big ones.
At 1500 bucks for the SPP, you will be concentrating on having fun, not paying off a huge dept. Gold is the bonus here.

Just my opinion

Yep, There's plenty of Time to Buy The Mega set up's when you have a Few Nuggets in ya Pocket, The SPP Is Marriage Friendly and its light enough for the Mrs when you need To Let Her Have A Go..

john

Yep, There's plenty of Time to Buy The Mega set up's when you have a Few Nuggets in ya Pocket, The SPP Is Marriage Friendly and its light enough for the Mrs when you need To Let Her Have A Go..

john

Yes, I couldn't agree more!

Latest posts