Nokta Fors Gold information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the RACER if you connect a Fors coil. the message is........CHECK COIL.
On the Fors Gold if you plug a RACER coil in it says.......COIL NOT CONNECTED.

Both models will not produce any audio if the wrong coil is connected.

Narrawa,

Thank you for the answer, warning just like when bad connection or no coil is connected, as suspected it's an indication the coils are wired differently.

Pinched this from another forum i did. :p

Hello all!

We got a lot of emails from customers requesting a 10X5.5 size coil for FORS.

This is to inform you that our tests are finalized and as of today we are adding the 10X5.5 DD Waterproof Search Coil to the FORS Gold and CoRe line up.
The coils are currently in production and will be shipped to dealers as they are ordered.

I thank you all on behalf of my team for your great interest in our products and your support!

Dilek - Nokta Sales & Marketing Manager

Yeah I saw that too, Damn good news, Can't have a Prospecting Machine without A prospecting Coil, It's great to see that they are Listening to their Customers, I wonder how sensitive it is,

john

Same coil in black for the Fors CoRe.

1438155299_bobin_beyaz.jpg

Not sure if they will come with covers at this point?.....however our first shipment will have them as they have been ordered along with the coils.
Will get back to you on the price. ??

PS we do carry spares for the RACER 10x5' tho...and they will fit the Nokta coils.

Narrawa said:
Not sure if they will come with covers at this point?.....however our first shipment will have them as they have been ordered along with the coils.
Will get back to you on the price. ??

PS we do carry spares for the RACER 10x5' tho...and they will fit the Nokta coils.

Terrific Narrawa, Both them Machines are the perfect Machine for Anyone's Kit,

Thanks For the Up Dates, Keep em Coming Mate,

John

As an add on to that, a little bird on a wire in Istanbul reliably informs me that a PI is well under way in development. While a release date is not set, the end of '16 is their target release time.

Mr.Herschbach thank you kindly for spelling it out.

I have obtained and paid for all the coils for testing, but before haphazardly plugging a Nokta Fors coil into a Makro Racer I checked the coil wiring of both detectors first and found a plug patch was required, after which coils from both detector models can indeed be interchanged and used.

According to this website: A Fors coil is also used on a Makro Racer Beach outings in TNQ.

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=makro+racer+on+the+beach

Nesral, do you know if the coil is electrically comparable.? There could be a number of mid frequency coils able to function on just about any model....may not mean they are tuned correctly.?
Also, do you know the detector from TNQ is indeed the same version/model your using....or could it be a prototype which i can tell you...are not the same as production models.

nesral said:
Have anyone with access to both detectors tried to use a Makro RC26 10x5" DD coil on a Nokta Fors Gold ?.......... if no, why not.

This question have now been answered !

Thank you.

.........Amazing !
I havent really used it before ,, put it on once for ten minutes , then went back to normal coil .
Anyway , used it today as I wanted to cover more area quicker , what I wasnt thinking of , was the extra depth it would give :eek:
I found a signal worth digging , so I started pinpointing , the pinpointer wouldnt pick it up untill I had dug a little .
So here I am digging away and getting deeper , deeper than I normally do when digging for coins , started to think it was going to be a big bit of rubbish :rolleyes:
Down about 250mm and I pull a 1927 Comm. Penny :D
Ok , back filled hole and got up and waved the coil back over the hole ,, another signal !! Should have checked before I filled it 8.( Ill know next time . I empty the hole and use the pinpointer again . I then proceeded to keep digging and at 350mm I find two 1951 half pennies :cool: Still had a signal left in there , but the depth was getting serious , I had dirt up to my elbows !
I wont be using that coil again in the local park , I was not impressed with the mess I made :mad: But I'll be using it in the bush for Relics and "maybe" a deeper nugget ;)
Very impressed :)

I was thinking of using the bigger coil myself just the other day, might give it a bash after your experience. :cool:
I saw you found a little nugget with the Fors Gold... what was the tone like? Low, Mid, High?
I'm thinking I must be going over some small bits and missing them, the relics suggest no-one has detected this little area I've found, but no gold :(
All the best in digging.
C

Latest posts