Coiltek 14" Mono Elite Coil information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came with one attached. The supplier assured me it came factory fitted from the box.

Good luck with it mate.
Im still gobsmacked at the depth im digging junk. This ended up being a thumb size piece of twisted brass from a door handle. Was my last target for the day in hard pack tailings.

1434360810_tmp_5416-20150614_150934364414819.jpg

Nice hole GD, I feel for you mate not pulling a nug out of that one. I fired up the 5k last trip and remembered how deep she goes and how much she makes me sweat and that was with the 11" coil, that 14" punches nice and deep. :)

Impressive digging GD :eek:
I plan on giving it a try at Tibooburra at the end of July. Last year I got plenty of tiny nuggets with the SDC2300, but the soil over there in places runs a bit deep for it, so the 5000 with the elite should fill in the detection gaps nicely.

Ian

I reckon youll do well mate. Cant imagine what the elite would be like with the fine gold timings on the 5000. Keep us in the loop

I've had mine for a few weeks now and still haven't had time to get it dirty. I am really looking forward to running it over a couple of my spots where I'm certain that deeper nuggets lay in wait :D

I got a chance today to try out the new Mono Elite at Jupiter Creek. I just recently bought the GPX5000 from Miners Den and today was a training day for me with Nenad as the instructor.

I put the new coil on at home and turned the machine on for the first time at the diggings just as Nenad drove up. Thankfully I bought a fully functioning machine and headed off with Nenad who also had a mono elite attached to his 5000.

Nenad ran me thru the basics and then set the machine up in Deep with Fine Gold timings. EMI was a little troublesome but found a tune setting that worked well after a bit of testing. Nenad went to quite a bit of trouble to sort out settings that suited my preference for volume, tone, etc and I ended up with a unit that was pretty easy to use.

Nenad then decided to look for a first target to demo how Deep setting works and amazingly the first target he hit was deep and gave the inverted tone. He dug done a good 12" then hit a tree root that needed to be chopped out to continue digging. The volume coming out of his speaker had picked up considerably and the coil gave the loud overload signal all around in the bottom hole he had dug. Not sure which direction to dig in as the coil was disappearing pretty much into the hole and just overloading.

Nenad switched the Coil/Rx to Cancel to pin point inside the hole and got a direction (down) and continued digging just a bit more and out came part of an old-timers nail. Pity as the hole was now at a guess, 16" deep and we were both hoping for gold on the first dig for the day. The switch to Cancel on the 14" mono coil worked a treat and dumbed the coil right down so it was far less sensitive and could be used to pinpoint inside the hole. The training day was really good and Nenad is a very proficient detector operator and a very nice bloke to boot.

We both finished up with a bit of a look around with the Deep search mode and Fine Gold timings working really well. Nenad found more deep targets with the Coiltek Elite Mono and I found a few shallow targets, but it was all junk and no gold was found. Interesting to note that there are still deep targets to be found at Jupiter Creek as its a small area and has been thrashed.

Being a beginner with the GPX 5000 I cant give you a comparison on how the coil works compared to others, but I can tell you it was very easy to use. It did not give false signals from wet grass or knocking against rocks, trees or my shoes. Ground undulations had no ill effects and it was easy to ground balance in the soils around Jupiter Creek. I'm pretty impressed with it and cant wait to run it over some less mineralised soil like at Tibooburra. Also up there EMI is not a problem, so where the soil runs deep I can crank it up.

Ian

Great writeup i felt like i was right there with your Ian. Thansk so much for reminding me about cancel for pin pointing. . Someone told me that last year and i completely forgot. Ive been digging average holes at around 30 cm and its hard with 14 inchs to know which direction to dig. Sounds like you had a great day out mate. Good luck out there

GD

Good to meet you in person, and thanks for the detailed report Ian. I'm sure you'll have that 5000 humming when you head north. Looking forward to seeing some photos. 8)

Nenad

Curiosity got the better of me today so I phoned CoilTek and spoke to them about the new 14" coil. I discussed my thoughts and findings on using the coil on my GPX 5000 and also asked the big question, has the increased depth and sensitivity come about thru new technology? I had better point out here and now that I have zero affiliation with CoilTek, and that I bought my coil from Miners Den in Adelaide and paid full retail price for it.

The reply I got from a CoilTek staffer was satisfactory and explained how the improvements have come about. The coil is new technology for CoilTek but the theory has been around for some time. They have successfully wound the coil to produce a more vertically aligned field. This means the field that would normally extend out horizontally beyond the sides of the mono coil is now restricted to produce a stronger North/South alignment. This increased vertical alignment means more of the coil energy is directed down, (and up) into the soil and results in increased depth and sensitivity.

This is pretty much what I learned today from CoilTek, and if I have made a miss-quote then I trust it will be corrected by CoilTek and put right.

I have been using this coil quite a bit now and enjoy knowing that it finds both shallow small and also big stuff down deep. No nuggets yet, but single small shotgun pellets, (like my SDC 2300 finds) and found a penny that nearly deafened me thru the headphones!

Hopefully CoilTek will be using this advanced coil winding design on some more of their products.

Ian

PS I have also posted this on one other Aussie prospecting forum as we need to know that our Australian made products are innovative and class leading! More life left in the GPX detectors yet :)

Thanks ian. Pretty much what i was told by e e day where i tested the coil. They explained to me that they had wound the rolled the wire thus giving it a flat edge then rewound that on uts wide if that makes sense. Either way the results speak for themselves. A good mate of mine found his largest every nugget only 3 hours into using this coil. I very rarely come home without a small piece and i couldnt say that prior to buying this coil. Happy campers. Imagine with fine gold timings you would see an even better advantage on the 5000.

Good to hear/have confirmations of what the innovation is .... not overly sceptical but would hate to think it was just an ordinary 14" coil with an "Elite" camo paint job .... as Dustin said proof is in the pudding .... he's found several sub gram pieces and I was lucky to walk over a bigger one 21.6 gms (and yes it was 3 hours into detecting with the brand new coil).
Go the Elite 14 " ....... Love the coil but still not a fan of everything in camo (pants/shirts/hats/coats and yes coils).
Just go buy one,
Tom.

That sounds Really Stable and that Crisp Siignal is to Die For.,

Does Anyone Know the Weight of the Coill and Lead??

Thanks For The Video Nenad

Coiltek Manufacturing said:
Weight: 1130 gms or 40 ounces approx - weight may vary
Don't think the lead would add much to that?

Aust Post approx. prices to ship UK for 1-1.5kg:

Express Post International $82.90
Pack and Track International $63.55
Registered Post International $63.55
Air Mail $56.55
Sea Mail $30.15

Thanks for That Info, I have to have one of these,, That is A lot of coil for the money

I have always found Coiltek Always Boost performance Over most Coils, and I think they were the first After Market Coils I Ever Saw And they Supercharged My Sov GT.

John

Latest posts