New near Byron

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OzzyDigga

Rohin
Reaction score
Hey guys, My names Rohin, im from Byron Bay, have been into prospecting for over a year now, though mind you the first 6 to 9 months i spent mainly dreaming about prospecting however in that time I did a heap of researching :), found some great advise all over the world on gold and other minerals, how and where gold is formed etc..... Now a year on and i have managed to juggle time between family and work to hit the nearby fields around the Drake area in northern NSW, My first day out prospecting EUREKA!!!!!! found some small gold!!! Now I have all my equipment apart from a 4wd and PI detector, and am heading back out whenever time allows. What a great hobby!! and now my partner has the bug too, we have both joined our local Lapidary club and now hitting the gems and crystals too.

C U Guys online or in the creeks

Regards

Rohin OzzyDigga :D

Hi Rohin,

Are you still in Byron mate? If so I am in your area, I'm looking for detecting and panning buddies. I should be heading out this weekend for a bit of a first attempt... Give us a shout if you are interested in hooking up..

chheers

Justin

Hey Justin......I'm in the byron area. Am mostly a gold prospector but have on occasion done beaches etc. Haven't done any gold prospecting around here, its all been done in WA. Have thought about doing it around here, but have not got around to it. And now its pretty hot. Around Drake would be a consideration for sure, but I get mixed reports about it being locked up as it is mostly on private land. Apart from a little research as a starting point, its probably best to be there to chat to locals and check out the countryside. Plus a 4WD would be handy, which I don't have. I am mildly interested in panning; too much time for little gold, imo.

How and where did you go for your 'first attempt'? What detector(s) do you have?
Happy to catch up sometime

cheers....tony

Hi,
New to forum and just recently got the bug. Found my first and only speck in Pimpama Creek! Am planning a trip to Drake as I am holidays in Brunswick Heads. Any advice welcomed!?
PiratePete

PiratePete said:
Hi,
New to forum and just recently got the bug. Found my first and only speck in Pimpama Creek! Am planning a trip to Drake as I am holidays in Brunswick Heads. Any advice welcomed!?
PiratePete

Hi and Welcome but I think you need a new handle as my handle is Pirate Pete and to put it nicely ant room for two Pirates on this ship lol sorry .

Pirate pete said:
PiratePete said:
Hi,
PiratePete

Hi and Welcome but I think you need a new handle as my handle is Pirate Pete and to put it nicely ant room for two Pirates on this ship lol sorry .

Fair call Pirate pete. I have sent an email asking for an alternate login name. I will then ask the Administrator to change it.

adem said:
Hey Justin......I'm in the byron area. Am mostly a gold prospector but have on occasion done beaches etc. Haven't done any gold prospecting around here, its all been done in WA. Have thought about doing it around here, but have not got around to it. And now its pretty hot. Around Drake would be a consideration for sure, but I get mixed reports about it being locked up as it is mostly on private land. Apart from a little research as a starting point, its probably best to be there to chat to locals and check out the countryside. Plus a 4WD would be handy, which I don't have. I am mildly interested in panning; too much time for little gold, imo.

How and where did you go for your 'first attempt'? What detector(s) do you have?
Happy to catch up sometime

cheers....tony

Hi Tony,

yeah I've been out that way around Drake a couple of times now but I haven't found anything yet. I do the odd beach trip as well and lotsa research. I have a gold monster which I'm getting the hang of. I have to say it f*n loves tin foil! but has so far netted about $2 in change. I think when I finally dig up something good it'll be quite a moment. I expect I'll be quite loud about it when it happens