Just a Knock up sluice for the weekend up in Gympie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aushunter

Brad Welch
Reaction score
Just thought about a run to Gympie as I am heading up to see the inlaws this long weekend so I thought about a day up in the Deep Creek fossicking area.
Rang Yobskin and organised a dayer on Sunday for the battle of the Sluices, The Aussie Gold Grabber Sluice against the Rockin Yobskin, well really not a race but a quiet day just sluicing and a rockin and maybe a bit of yella in the pan at the end of it.

So I knocked up this on the weekend and hopefully it will do the job. Just gotta get some sort of matting under that bread crate, so I will source that out on Saturday down at Bunnings.

This is my old 2 1/2" dredge sluice that I cut down, its been sitting in the yard for yrs and now has a second life.

Got me a pallet corner from the side of the road for my first lot of gold capture.

I reckon the slope is just about right on these things,

Got a piece of old alloy sign I had kickin around,mmm make the flare outa this,

Throw the flare onto the box and hey presto just about done.

So get a bit of carpet or something to go under the bread basket stuff and well be in action for Sunday.

Will post up photos on the Sunday run.
Cheers
Brad... :D

Nice effort mate ....i dont think you will get gold passed the ripple mat ...but its safer to get one. I havent been for a dig all week and im getting the fever bad....i gave the rocker a fresh spash of camo yesterday in preparation of this weekends battle/chin wag....hahahaha you will need to bring drinking water council removed the only tap. Cant wait brad.

Hopefully it will do the job, weekend is now here, giddyup.
Just loading up the truck now, 2 Sluices, 8 bkt's, pans, digging gear and a bit of tucker toget us thru the day.
I hope you have a good arm Yob as I told the boy to keep you going.
Cheers
Brad.....

Hahaha im all rested up mate....and keen as a trapper collecting taxes.
Perfect weather up here for it mate...bring the lip balm.
Drive safe a new part of highway has opened past cooroy and there still working on bits past that but you get to see the geography of the land now they have cleared it and cut the hills in half....its incredible.
see ya when im looking at ya :p

Absolutley perfect weather, up at the inlaws, did a bit of fine tuning, looks a bit weirdish, but should be a good day.
See you tomorrow.
Cheers
Brad....

Interesting build ! Always good to use what you have at hand instead of buying stuff, good job on the road sign :)

This hobby might become very expensive if you're not careful !

Keep up the good craftsmanship , thanks mate :D

Latest posts