Aldi detector hunt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries web guy.

1432819673_20150528_232518.jpg

Next1m8 said:
I know it's a bit off topic but I've looked for a Aldi detector since about 2 weeks ago for a mate can't even find one

Aldi tend to bring things out in batches and in the case of the detector, appear to be targeting specific areas/stores for release. Two stores near me have never had one in store that I have seen, but others elsewhere seem to have them reasonably frequently. I was looking for a couple for grand kids and a good soul on this forum found them for me interstate.

Rob.

As you would... :lol:
Nothing worse than curious kids(actuarry, non ingrish speaking peopre are equar)
Im often like the 'pide piper' at the beach , gotta be careful not to chop little fingers and toes when digging with the scoop

silver said:
Good hunts Heatho,.. got some nice coins coming in there.

I reckon I might be just a few swings off some Silver hopefully, the ground is soft in this spot and I reckon there will be deeper goodies out of reach of the aldi. I need to upgrade now, just trying to decide what to get and trying to decide if I should sell my GPX5000, I don't want to but maybe I should........ It's not getting the use such an awesome detecter should be getting.

Maybe something with numbers as well Heatho,.. I know that if I were to upgrade from the Ace250 I would want to be able to determine the target ID by number as well as tone,.... but I would still want to be able to use the proximity aspect of the machine like an old school detector still at the touch of a button,.. I would also want a backlit screen and waterproofing to at least 3 metres(if not thirty).
Heatho said:
silver said:

I reckon I might be just a few swings off some Silver hopefully, the ground is soft in this spot and I reckon there will be deeper goodies out of reach of the aldi. I need to upgrade now, just trying to decide what to get and trying to decide if I should sell my GPX5000, I don't want to but maybe I should........ It's not getting the use such an awesome detecter should be getting.

silver said:
Maybe something with numbers as well Heatho,.. I know that if I were to upgrade from the Ace250 I would want to be able to determine the target ID by number as well as tone,.... but I would still want to be able to use the proximity aspect of the machine like an old school detector still at the touch of a button,.. I would also want a backlit screen and waterproofing to at least 3 metres(if not thirty).
Heatho said:
silver said:

Hmmm sounds like a 3030 lol, actually that's what I want to buy Silver, the 5000 will get me one with a decent wad of change to spare.

Sorry Ivo I think I'm gonna sell it pretty soon before minelab release another model and the price drops again.

Hit a different sportsfield today and someone had definitely beaten me to it, seems I have some competition around my local area....... There were a couple of pretty poorly dug plugs, I could just lift one large plug straight out again, hadn't even been compacted in again. Well seems they missed plenty of targets but obviously hit the sweetest spots on the footy oval side lines and probably cleaned up, so I was left with the stuff they missed which was $25 in moderns a junk ring and a small sapphire and silver ring.

I think the Aldi might be ready to pack it in as it kept switching off and it seems the off/on switch has almost had it... Might see if I can get a new switch from Jaycar and solder it in.

1433230905_20150602_172028.jpg

1433230905_20150602_172050.jpg

1433230905_20150602_173008.jpg

1433230905_20150602_173039.jpg

1433230905_20150602_173153.jpg

I had that exact thought too mate when it wouldn't switch back on. Will cash in the coin finds soon and put it towards the CTX, must be getting near a grand so the CTX is going to be a grand cheaper. I keep thinking $2700 but all those coins will make it a lot cheaper for me.

Then it switched back on after a bit of shaking it and switching it on/off a few times, then shrugged my shoulders and thought there is still some more life in it and kept swinging. :)

mbasko said:
Don't worry about a 3030 - sell the 5000 & get another Aldi :lol:
Good luck with whatever you decide to do mate.

Yeah you could be right Matt, it has served me well, though I know it misses stuff, sometimes even a sunbaking $1 coin won't get it to sound.... Have had this happen quite a few times. Then it amazes me sometimes too getting $2 coins at 20cm.

Latest posts