Topo maps highlighting gold areas for Queensland (QLD)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was watching a few gold prospecting DVD's and they purchase what appear to be physical topo maps of particular areas which also highlight where gold
has been found in the past.

I remember ordering a new battery for my SD2000 and got a free topomap of some VIC gold fields (not much good to me as I live in QLD).

I tried contacting the mines dept but they were not very helpful and just sent me a bunch of links to online PDF maps that didn't have the kind of detail I was after.

Does anyone know where you can buy physical maps that highlight where gold has been found ? - I know they exist! I am looking for ones of Gympie / Kilkivan area.

Thanks.

Luke.

I have Memory-Map Topo and yes it does show a few of the old gold mining areas on it's maps, BUT not very detailed in regard to old diggings, good 3D option as well and mapping works on iPad (not 3D though).
Best option is to use google to find old maps of your area, they are out there just a matter of searching, I'm sure someone has previously posted links to Qld map sources.
Good luck, Tom

Victorian (DEPI?) website has free geological maps of all the gold areas available - a download link for a .pdf gets emailed to you.

I've found metallogenic maps for Northern Territory.

..can't upload, too big, but I Googled the above term to find it on page one.

Latest posts