Darwin Newbie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have moved to Darwin, doing shift work and sometimes off during the week. Looking for something to do and reading more and more about prospecting has sparked my interest. Don't have any equipment and just want to find out some basics. If anyone is heading out and happy for me to tag along, please let me know. Would be happy to help out and don't expect a share of any finds. Just want to learn. I have a 4wd so can meet anywhere.

Cheers

Jay

Hi Jay welcome to the forum. Sorry I'm way down south from where you are, but there's lots of info on here so have a bit of a look around, and don't be afraid to ask questions. :)

Hi Jay, welcome. Not too many Darwinites as yet but we are spreading our wings. Hope your new hobby becomes rewarding in more ways than one.
Jaros :p

Hello and welcome :) I am very new to all of this too, I've only been a handful of times in the last few years but only recently have decided to get serious. There are a lot of videos on YouTube on how to fossick for particular gems and also some great articles on google which lead me here. The members have been very helpful. Don't be afraid to ask if you're not sure about something, even if you think it's a silly question.

Hi Jay, if you are into Facebook or just check out PITT Crew, that's Prospecting in The Territory. It's got a lot of people to connect with from Darwin that will be happy to show where and what to do.
They all seem to be keen and good people.
Pete

In Darwin as well, Facebook has a site prospecting in the territory. More than happy for you to tag along.

Wish I was into prospecting when I lived up there, great country to go bush, hope you guys meet up and find some good colour

Latest posts