Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Horse said:
New as of Monday arvo...Scored a decent deal on a Navara D40 Silverline.
They are on runout sales atm.
First ever brand new car...Mrs and I are pretty pleased with it. Can head out without a trailer now (Until we buy a camper trailer)
Now we can explore the State forests a bit better with some true low range 4x4...the xtrail was long in the tooth and limited. :) :)

Plans are for
2" OME lift
Front air locker
underbody bash plates
2nd set of rims for bush tires.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2101/1432630257_navbeast.jpg

nice truck horse, i was almost about to get one myself but ended up getting another patrol. few mates run these they're a great ride, watch the angles going over small hills they tend to belly out very easily.

best one ive seen used 3inch in the front and 2 inch in the back, it leveled up alot better.

still wish i'd bought a ute a bit....

Cheers G0lddig.
Nothing wrong with a Patrol mate, was outside my budget for a new ride though.
Gotta say, have to love the feeling of warranty...last 2nd hand car was a lemon (xtrail) win some , lose some.

The 4by will be used just to get to places within reason, not to try crazy off road stuff...
I have to settle for 2 inch lift....that is all that is legal with out engineers. (and the Mrs has short legs hahaha)

rotor said:
Good one Horse .... I picked up a new Navara D40 Titanium dirt cheap on the runout sale as well!

Nice one Rotor, I hope you enjoy it...beasty looking things they are.
So far ours has not ventured out of civilisation...I can hear it growling with discontent :)

Horse said:
Cheers G0lddig.
Nothing wrong with a Patrol mate, was outside my budget for a new ride though.
Gotta say, have to love the feeling of warranty...last 2nd hand car was a lemon (xtrail) win some , lose some.

The 4by will be used just to get to places within reason, not to try crazy off road stuff...
I have to settle for 2 inch lift....that is all that is legal with out engineers. (and the Mrs has short legs hahaha)

i think you can use a billet spacer without any issue mate, might be worth looking into.
if your stuck with 2" mate i highly recommend RS9000XL's its the next best option for you to control the ride height, ive used them on several trucks and being able to harden up the travel with a full load makes a world of difference in stability on road.
ive bought alot of gear off these guys over the years, their kit is very reasonable... its actually what they drive :)
http://www.4wd1.com/Nissan-Navara-D40.htm
http://www.4wd1.com/Navara-D40-Suspension.htm

so the missus would have trouble getting into this? :)

C648P8_3f16892e21234.JPG

Horse said:
rotor said:
Good one Horse .... I picked up a new Navara D40 Titanium dirt cheap on the runout sale as well!

Nice one Rotor, I hope you enjoy it...beasty looking things they are.
So far ours has not ventured out of civilisation...I can hear it growling with discontent :)

always liked the D40 and as I got a lot more for my buck than anyone else offered couldnt go past it!

already bottomed out on a track as G0lddigg@ mentioned :eek:

Great rides there men.

I always carry a chainsaw with me in case of trees blocking tracks etc, and have used it on quite a few occasions.
BUT.
Hated the smell of fuel etc etc.
SO
Today bought a battery powered saw and am impressed, chewed thru an old red gum sleeper with ease.
AND
Not much noise, could use this on the front lawn without disturbing neighbors.
Same size bar and chain as my husky as well.

1432698654_chainy.jpg

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm166r0X_LA[/video]

You need to toughen up Jaros. No 4 for me and around 6 degrees in Ballarat this morning. What is it, a freezing 23 up there? :lol: :lol:

This week I have had to buy , reco gearbox for Mazda Bravo 4wd and a clutch kit , there goes $1800 :mad:
The bloody thing went on the way home from Central West Prospecting Supplies , after just spending $1300 on a new Fors Gold detector .
Geez it p@#$ed me off ! So much that I didnt even touch the detector for a few days !

You blokes are lucky. At least you have hair on top. :D
Not like me with a solar panel. :rolleyes:
Or Mudgards... :cool:

Latest posts