⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow Wally...that looks awesome mate...I dream of finding something like that. Have you got a plan on how you are going to process it?

Thats awesome Wally ,, I have seen stuff like this before but havent found gold in it , yet ;)

I like to dig from the stuff that's fallen down over time, if it hasn't been disturbed by anyone I find it can be quite rewarding to

Nice find wally, I'm always on the hunt for those bad girls

Thats an awesome looking ancient river bed.

Run the SDC over that cut.

The red clay area looks the goods. You have a life time of wash to process, now get to it!

Cheers

RS

Nice... u may need one hell of a pump too push 400m of head :D very tempting pan though 8)

Looks like the haul down to the river was too much for the old timers, thankfully I have a team of V8 horses under the bonnet. ;)

It was encouraging that fine gold was distributed throughout the gravel but I am keen to see what the bottom of the channel looks like, I presume there should be a golden packed layer of clay there somewhere. :p :p no pings on the SDC and I would need a rope system to cover the adjacent slopes.

It certainly does make you think about the logistics. The material is very sandy, dry sieves well and holds a lot of black sands within it but is a bit sticky for a dry blower so a day with a few plastic tubs chasing the bottom would be the first step to see if the average yeild is payable. If not, it will be a good spot to drop into from time to time.

I don't particularly enjoy camping in temperatures below zero, so you may need to wait a while for an update.

Hahaha build a fire pit real close and i will come and help ya wally69!! You lucky son of a gun!!! How high up was that? Cause i thought i seen somthing similar up here but real high 200m.?
Seriously call me i can handle frost bite for gold....hahahaha

I would prefer to pan in that Deep Creek bath water anyday Yobs. I seriously thought some of my fingers were going to drop off on Sunday morning, and it was only a balmy -1oC overnight. Bloody cold rattles my bones thesedays.

This one is a good 1500km from you Yobs. would love to see that rocker setup of yours in action on this sort of material.

i worked a high deposit similar wally, not near as good looking but the clay was chalk. i took a large rubbish bin and some water and seived into it then used the whole bin like a pan and tipped the top 3/4's out before carting it to the creek. worked pretty well but for me the yield wasnt there. you can always heat teh water on gas cooker before panning sieving into it :)

Wally69 said:
I would prefer to pan in that Deep Creek bath water anyday Yobs. I seriously thought some of my fingers were going to drop off on Sunday morning, and it was only a balmy -1oC overnight. Bloody cold rattles my bones thesedays.

This one is a good 1500km from you Yobs. would love to see that rocker setup of yours in action on this sort of material.

My bath water atm is chilling beers...hahaha
I would surely freeze....
The rocker is made for that nasty stuff mate...you might need one....

Wally69 said:
Looks like the haul down to the river was too much for the old timers, thankfully I have a team of V8 horses under the bonnet. ;)

It was encouraging that fine gold was distributed throughout the gravel but I am keen to see what the bottom of the channel looks like, I presume there should be a golden packed layer of clay there somewhere. :p :p no pings on the SDC and I would need a rope system to cover the adjacent slopes.

It certainly does make you think about the logistics. The material is very sandy, dry sieves well and holds a lot of black sands within it but is a bit sticky for a dry blower so a day with a few plastic tubs chasing the bottom would be the first step to see if the average yeild is payable. If not, it will be a good spot to drop into from time to time.

I don't particularly enjoy camping in temperatures below zero, so you may need to wait a while for an update.

I will be there with my Dry blower to help you out any day wally....run the material through a couple of times and it dries out right nice!

Oldfella said:
Great pics RS :)
Wally69, looks very promising. Good luck :)

Hey Oldfella,

I liked your avatar so much I searched the net to buy one.

Its good having a bit of gold and crystals to help make this blokes day!

1432687505_20150525_160751-optimized.jpg

Latest posts