Cheap metal detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldpick thanks for taking the time to help with that detailed post, I owe you a beer mate, that was well appreciated. I will check out all the mentioned detectors, it was partly your success with the 250 that impressed me LOL, so I'll have a look at the others first while I save a bit more. Cheers again
C

GC1038 is a good machine for under a hundred. Once you get over a hundred go for a name brand.

Thanks to everyone for the help... I have bought a GC1038 as recommended by Ben78, $80 delivered, that will help keep the "I want to do this NOW!!" bug at bay until I can research and save for one of Goldpick's suggestions. Guess it will be a good 2nd detector in the future as well, as I'm sure the wife and kids will want a go.
Thanks again for the advice, I'm sure it will help many others in my boat too.
C
p.s. Silver... nice finds!

Metal_Detector_C41_image112428.jpg

https://zazz.com.au/daily/thingy/12428

I bought one from jaycar, for my young son. It isnt easy enough to use, and he wont persist with it.

Has anyone ever had any luck with a cheap 15khz ebay detector for gold?? I have pleanty of spots I would love to try but not enough dosh for a decent detector... Not yet anyway. Any advice or first hand experience would be ace! Thanks in advance :)

Potbelly the old detector that were used in the 1980s to the 1990s were all VLF 5 kHz and 15 khz there was plenty of gold found with them and there was a lot more gold around in those days, BUT these days yes they most probably will find gold but you will have to have a lot of luck on your side regards john :)

Hi all I grabbed a real cheep LCD portable detectore about 4-5 months back out of warenty already from allgoods in tasmania, any ways issue is when using it it seams to work ok but as soon as u bump the coil on any thing rock stick grass it give a false signal off. What do I do put up with it until I upgrade and let the kids have it or rip/ pull the coil apart to see if its a loose wire of some kind ? Any thoughts thanks.

Tape it straight up the shaft for a bit first,.. just leave enough at the end loose to allow for tilt adjusting,... and wind the rest tighter around the shaft(taping it up every 6-8 inches) so it won't wriggle about at all when you bump into anything,.. also make sure that the union between coil and shaft is done up tight enough( don't strip it) that way you will get the good results that RKT was telling you about. :cool:

So im after a cheap detector for the kids and miss to use when they come out with me as they get a tad board taking a long behind me. Only wanna spend a few hundred,
can anyone recommend one

Latest posts