Shaker Table

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just mean the amount of non-precious material (dirt, quartz, iron stone, etc) that is mixed up with the finer gold.

the dirtier the material you're trying to melt, the more flux you need to soak it up and allow the molten metal to sink (and then pour nicely if needed).

or if it is clean (nuggets) then you may not need flux at all.

hope that kind of answered your question - I tried to keep it brief and to the point :p

Hi XIV
I recently had a chance to look at Gemini table and it pivoted on pieces of spring steel(it is in the notes)and I was guite impressed with that system,simple and strong and uncomplicted.
When building anything at all research is a must,and you will not always get it perfect,like when you build a house.

Regards for now
Frank

Thanks for the links frank the info is great. Just got back from a week at the lease. time to but or build ???? what a decision .... thinking I will purchase a table from a commercial supplier anyone got one for sale something along the line of an m8 from action mining. Not sure anyone got any thoughts ?

Hi Diggin
In ths months G&T there is a old one from a mine advertised,in the small section at the back.

Regards Frank

Thanks for all the help Frank, due to time constraints I am thinking that I may have to purchase a table most likely an m8 from action mining I think.. before I do I will make the trek across to new south wales to run some over a table to ensure extraction rates meet the quoted figures... I know there are lots of other types so any opinions would be greatly received thanks guys in advance

Latest posts