Minelab CTX3030 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a real long shot here, but have you cleaned the bottom skid plate ?

I read somewhere that the SDC can get a build up underneath it between the plate and coil. This caused a buzz?

Probably not the issue but worth a five minute look, could be a random tiny hot rocks stuck under it?

Best of luck finding the issue, let us know. I have a CTX so be keen to know in case it happens to me.

bought a second hand ctx 3030 only two months old it has a buzzing noise all the time has anyone had this prob or is there a setting im haven't set I have reset to factory still there any help please

sounds like the same thing iv sent him a message because they never finshed the post to say what was wrong and if got it fixed

my mate had a similar issue, we tried a few problems like dry solder joints and battery contacts but we could not eliminate the noise :(

background buzzing still continues and he just puts up with it. it does affect how he can use the detector as threshold is hard to fine tune with the noise

eskyman said:
bought a second hand ctx 3030 only two months old it has a buzzing noise all the time has anyone had this prob or is there a setting im haven't set I have reset to factory still there any help please

2 months old? Warranty claim

HI EskY.
I found my Ctx Ok, as it was the head phones that was causing the probs.
New head Phones and now no problem. Love the Ctx, best detector.

It should be still under warranty going to ring them on Monday to c what they think. the noise is in the head phones as well as the wireless module and unit hoping its a easy fix

ok got onto minelab the noise I could here was the threshold noise its meant to be there the hum goes away when u find targets help full when they r small or deep targets u can turn the level down so its not so annoying this was a relief minelab where a great help thanks guys :D :D

I thought it may have been the threshold but also thought it could be something else wrong with it, glad you got it worked out.

went for a swing this week end lots o under stand nothing like the atpro but did manage to get a $2 coin and a fifty cent and a old 20c coin where iv been over with the pro a far few times before and thanks heatho :)

Hey eskyman, I have a CTX3030 and love it. It is pretty in depth with what you can do with it in terms of settings and discrimination etc. but once you have 3 or 4 modes set up for different hunt environments, she's pretty much switch on and go.

yes it is ramjet haven't had mine long but the balance is much better than the atpro my arm doesn't get as tired as quickly as it did with the atpro

Just a little thread for CTX owners and there successfull settings.

Couple weeks back was using the GPZ 7000 on a little patch and we were running a setting called Bogene's that Peter from Gold City Detectors told us about. This is a little outside the norm but basically no threshold and full sensitivity. I was blown away by the results with the best being a 0.09 gram nugget at about 3 inches and 12 nuggets from a old patch. This got me thinking about the CTX, so with Threshold down to 1, sensitivity at 30, Volume gain to 30 and an open screen off I went to a flogged coin patch. This is a spot where many Pennies, H pennies and silvers have come from but with loads of steel and other junk a real slow going spot as every swing is tones. Using the CTX in combined , smooth response (my prefered in combined), fast recovery and high trash I managed to pull a 3 pence and 2 x 6 pences. Didn't check the first 2 coins but the 3 pence I could not get a tone in the normal settings but with the Bogene's the tone was very repeatable and clear. Not a setting you would use for general detecting but for cleaning up a patch worth a try as it will take a little getting used to as the tones are thick and fast on these numbers.