Brisbane, Warwick, SE Qld Clubs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Brian. I live in Thornlands and am new to prosprcting. Would love to catch up and rack your brain for some tips in our area and maybe check out some local parks etc..

Do you do panning there? I tried Talgai, but don't think the Garret 250 is cut out for that type of work. Was looking forward to trying some pan work, but the creeks were dry.

I am wondering if there are any fissiking/detector or prospecting clubs in Warwick QLD? :)

Found this with a quick google search Jay,... not sure if it is current though. :/
PO Box 722, Warwick, Qld 4370. The Australian Fossickers Club P.O. Box 95 Wyee, NSW 2259 .

Ok thanks I'll look into it!

I know there is one here but I can't remember their name amd can't seem to find them????
Mysterious haha

bulldogqld said:
hi all members,i was wundering if anyone has any information(like maps)on the area around gin gin,i have had a scout around there and saw quartz reefs beside the track i was on,but i think the best area is just north -west of gin gin,any help? bulldog(not good with the IRTM thing)
Hi mate im local to gin gin but only for the past 3 & a half yrs & any chance I get I'm out having a swing lol we are still learning the area & the history of it but would love to find like minded people in the area to go have a hunt with :) looking forward to chatting although we have bad internet :/

Hi all Peter here just joined and interested in seeing what your all up-to. I live up sunshine coast & looking at getting into prospecting hope I hear from someone going out soon thanks

Hi Odin.
Do you mean detecting on the sunshine coast or do you live there and wish to go elsewhere

Paddles

bulldogqld said:
hi guys,i am fairly new to all this,as i live north of brisbane would like to meet and greet people with an interest in gold nuggets,i have been to caloundra beaches but want to try for gold,hope to meet anyone ,bulldogqld(evan)
IF U into detecting the closest spot u may find somin is Imbil area and pan n sluice deep cfeek gympie . Alot of areas around Imbil no go zones so do u homework first .Also a couple spots around Kilkiven ( behind grave yard ) but check first so u dont end up in it :)

Hi,
Just stumbled upon this website today

http://queenslandprospectingclub.org/

It seems to have fallen as there isn't really any new posts in the forum.
reading it seems there have been a few members come to this forum. So I'm interested if that club still has the club grounds that are available to its members for that $50 fee?
If so did the area hold nuggets or more so just alluvial?

Many Thanks

That sounds familiar,I started a prospecting club on the Coast here quite a few years back, we did have an outing in that area, but not sure if its the same one. Still have photos of it, but no videos. Let me know if you want any further info.

Mike70.

I will have to find the old records and photos from the club, as I said, it was a long time ago, and cant remember the exact location of the property we went on. But I do remember digging in a shallow hole there and uncovered two sticks of gelignite, told the owner about it and he said just throw a match on it and it will burn. I declined the offer.

Mike70.

We did do some panning there, as well as using detectors. I remember we did get a few bits in the pans.

They used to have their land just west of Pratten on Big Hill Rd. It had live in caretaker but no facilities for toilet/shower. It wasn't worth the $50-00 fee and members just faded away..........

Latest posts