Wireless headphone information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. All. Just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to fit some kind of adapter to the headphone socket of a detector to make it possible to use wireless phones.??? I have a Nokta FORS Gold. Regards... Ronnie.

I'd suggest thast you check out the post "Speakers, Boosters and Headphones" in the Detector Accessories forum, Ronnie - there's some relevant comments in the discussion there regarding the use of FM transmitters.

Hi. All. Thanks for the quick replies. Yeah. The lag thing doesn't sound too good. Wouldn't be happy if that happened. Volume control is in the menu on the nokta so I guess that would be ok. Just thought in this day and age a simple external plug in transmitter would be available. Nice comfy headphones come with the nokta but the cord thing annoys me. That's why I never use phones. Should though. Prob. Find more gold I suspect. :D

Buy a nice set of wireless blue tooth headphone and jaycar have a transmitter to suit iv tried fm ear muffs and fm transmitter before but you have to keep changing stations and they didn't work on some of my detectors the detector caused interference.
Good luck Ronnie but I'd go bluetooth.

None on X-terra 705. Transmitter output is very weak, you can pick it up only on couple meters distance. Just consider ammout of electrical noise that your mobile phone and GPS produces. And most of people carry mobile while detecting without any problems. Possible bigger problem is that your detector needs to have volume control. Without it some signals to the transmitter from the detector may be too high and your received signal may be distorted.
Karl

I have to add that the transmitter must have PLL chip, so it is very stable and can be digitally tuned in 100 kHz steps. The wireless microphone type transmitters are useless. For receiver I use Galaxy S2 mobile phone build in FM radio. You can use any good quality receiver that can be digitally tuned in 100 kHz steps. I set mine to 107.5 MHz about 10 months ago and have not touched it since.
Karl

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Buy a nice set of wireless blue tooth headphone and jaycar have a transmitter to suit iv tried fm ear muffs and fm transmitter before but you have to keep changing stations and they didn't work on some of my detectors the detector caused interference.
Good luck Ronnie but I'd go bluetooth.

It was the bluetooth that I had read had lag.

Bluetooth sounds like the way to go. Do you think my menu driven volume control will work or can you get Bluetooth phones with built in volume control????.

It's possible that bluetooth could have lag but did find one of the cheep FM transmitters I got from eBay had a little lag as well, the last FM transmitter I bought from jb wifi wasn't too bad but still not perfect but was $60.

Ronnie if I can find the FM transmitter I got from eBay you can have it if you want to have a play' tho iv seen those detech ones in action and they work well and I think cost him $100.

Thanks Zuke. I might take you up on that. Very nice of you to offer. Regards... Ronnie. These Noktas seem to have a few pleasant surprises up their little control boxes I am discovering. Will keep you all posted when I've had a bit more of a play. Regards... Ronnie.

Just a few pic to get the juices flowing.

More info and reviews as they arrive.

This one is not Bluetooth its radio same as the CTX and Deus - fast response and min lag.

You kneel down to dig a target and your headphone cord tips your detector over or just gets in the way of your digging?

Now you can upgrade your metal detector to higher end like XP deus, Spectra V3i or CTX3030, in seconds!

The transmitter provides three way to attach it to your detector:

You can clip it on or magnet stick on your control box, or use the bands.

So you can take it off easily to charge OR just attach teh External charger and leave the sender fixed in place.

It fits all detectors with 3.5mm or 6.35mm female audio jack. The digital audio processor supports the best quality signal to the compact headphone. It is waterproof so you do not need to worry about getting it wet in the field ( You just have to manage your detector.

#High quality audio output to allow more of the faint target signals to be heard.
#Almost zero lag(or so-called delay) designed for metal detecting
#Waterproof transmitter to work in rainy weather.
#Reliable digital 2.4GHz wireless connection provides up to 10M working range.
#Full charge support 6-hour using for headphone and 4 hours for transmitter (this has yet to be fully tested in Australia conditions)
#Spare battery available
#Provide 3.5mm or 6.35mm headphone male jack.
#Zero delay of matching, turn on and go hunting.

1432092719_11238258_1107310202616913_5258412035987116129_n.jpg

1432092719_wire-free_ace_medium.jpg

1432092719_wirefree_6.35_pack_medium.jpg

1432092719_wire-free_6.35_charge_medium.jpg

Latest posts