Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reeks said:
SunriseBoy said:
Un-f*****g-believable!

A GPZ7000 is worth over ten thousand and it isn't waterproof?

I must be the only fool on the entire forum. When someone outlays this kind of cash and the machine isn't waterproof...something is wrong somewhere along the line. Back in the 1930s they were getting around waterproofing problems with electrical devices.

This glaring anomaly (lack of water-proofing) tells me at least, their R & D on that score is sorely lacking. There's a lot of broo-ha-ha, but the results certainly don't match the hype or the outlay.

But then I guess I suffer from envy. If I had a decent machine I'd have racked up a few finds and probably would go out and buy something like that. However, at the moment I'm using dowsing and Radiesthesia methods and am having some 'interesting' results.

You sound like the bloke with the "wanted gpz7000" ads on gumtree
Hahaha.you forgot about the fly poo sized nuggets. :lol:

There is an issue with the waterproof coil as well on the ZED. I did some detecting in a creek and it turns out the ZED coil is so buoyant it takes a lot of effort to push it too the bottom of a pool and keep it there let alone detect the bottom of a creek. RDD

I have no trouble operating the ATX on the beach. It runs quietly and finds plenty of targets but I have no idea what's there until it's dug out of the sand. I watch the tube videos of guys swinging their VLF treasure hunting machines and they seem to have a very good idea of the target before they dig. They must have a much better display then we get on a PI machine? or is in just a lot of experience?

Phil

Moneybox said:
I have no trouble operating the ATX on the beach. It runs quietly and finds plenty of targets but I have no idea what's there until it's dug out of the sand. I watch the tube videos of guys swinging their VLF treasure hunting machines and they seem to have a very good idea of the target before they dig. They must have a much better display then we get on a PI machine? or is in just a lot of experience?

Phil

That is why Machines Like the MXTs, AT pro, and the Fishers ETC are so popular, It's not as easy with an Etrac type machine because they can give you up to 10 sets of numbers for one item,

90% of the time I can tell what an Item is by the numbers and the smoothness of the tone and I don't dig Ferrous junk very often, unless it is a big lump Iron that over rides the discrimination setting,

hope this help,, John

10 sets of numbers on the Etrac?? I doubt any of the above mentioned detectors would match it at the beach for both depth and stability on the wet sand, or work at all in the water. Forget single frequency detectors for the beach, go multi-frequency.

PI detectors are great on the beach for depth and sensitivity to small targets (and I mean miniscule bits of metal), but simply too much wasted time digging unknowns for my liking, for the same reasons Heatho mentioned.

Goldpick said:
10 sets of numbers on the Etrac?? I doubt any of the above mentioned detectors would match it at the beach for both depth and stability on the wet sand, or work at all in the water. Forget single frequency detectors for the beach, go multi-frequency.

PI detectors are great on the beach for depth and sensitivity to small targets (and I mean miniscule bits of metal), but simply too much wasted time digging unknowns for my liking, for the same reasons Heatho mentioned.

Rubbish, I have owned Both and the One that does stand Out Is The Sovereign GT,?? IF you go by Tones or Fit it with the Meter, OR use one of the Xterra Machines

When I had my Etrac I decided to keep a log of the finds and the Numbers that it come up with, On a cut half Silver Penny I have / Got 5 sets of Numbers, On A William the 3rd Silver Shilling I have 7 Sets of Numbers, On A Roman Coin I have 6 sets of Numbers, One Pound Coins 5 sets of numbers,

Like it or Not ML is Not Answer to EVERY form of Detecting,

Their PI machines are World Class, NO DOUBT, But in the Coin and Jewellery World there Are Far Better Options out there.

With A Whites machine On the Beach, just make sure it has either the 9.5 or the 300/12" concentric coils fitted because they will go deeper than A DD and they Handle the Salt Better and the Target is always under the Centre,

This Little Lot of ALL 18ct Gold/Platinum and Silver was found with An MXT 300 (Using the 12" Coil) In A Junk Filled Site at A Depth of between 3 and 5" in One 4 foot sweep of the Coil in an area of 10m X 6m that I had gone over with A Musketeer Advantage, Sovereign GT, My E-Trac and My GP 3500 and an Explorer II For the Past 6 years, all machines said it was Junk where The MXT did Not And Heres the Embarrassing Part, They were found At A Minelab Importers Test Site,

Total weight 16.4 Grams of 18ct Gold and a total of 6 Diamonds the Largest Being 4mm across.

1431239468_my_gold.jpg

RR my Aldi would have got them at 5 inches deep lol. But yes GP is right, drifting off topic as it was a Minelab GPZ 7000 detecting on the beach not all these other makes...... Some people just don't like Minelab.......

Oh and the 7000 would have found them even better. :lol:

Sorry Heatho But my replies were directed at an Issue Moneybox Has come up with, And I am Only Pointing out the reasons WHY??

Moneybox said:

Phil

Moneybox, On the Beach you would be better off with the Sovereign GT and A 15" WOT Coil as the GT will Null Out on Iron, or Run It in ALL METAL and Check The Targets In DISC, or if it has the meter fitted Run It In DISC.
That Set Up is one of A Few That Can Rival A PI,

John

Ran into a couple of blokes up near talbot today who are selling their 7000 already. Not that impressed with it apparently, both were also running 2300s and they reckon they're the bees knees. Be interesting to see how many 7000s come onto the market from people who perhaps bought the 7000 and are maybe discovering they are too much detector for what they're doing detecting wise?

Amazing isn't it. How long have they been out, 2-3 months? These blokes today reckon they spent four hours digging a bloody deep hole only to find a piece of metal. Not happy Jan. At least with the 2300 i only have to dig about 8 inches to find all the metal i want. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SCROUNGER said:
Amazing isn't it. How long have they been out, 2-3 months? These blokes today reckon they spent four hours digging a bloody deep hole only to find a piece of metal. Not happy Jan. At least with the 2300 i only have to dig about 8 inches to find all the metal i want. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They just don't have a clue or are just lazy shites. The darned thing is finding metal at the bottom of a deep hole, just they aren't walking over the right ground.

Rob.

Meet a bloke at work a little while ago who's sporting a 7k, he reckons the only problem he's having is his Mrs isn't giving him enough time to go out :lol:
He's cleaning up, going over ground he'd already done with his 5k taking more pieces, not to include the new ground that's giving him joy, I'd be tempted if I had the coin ;)

Just interesting to hear that from them. I think it was more a case of them not wanting to dig deep holes. They were 'older' blokes, so that's fair enough i reckon. What i can't understand is why they would blow that much money without researching first. i didn't get the impression they thought the machine wasn't good. just that they felt they were doing better (where they detect) with their 2300's.

1 full time prospector and another part time prospector are selling their Zs and there have been at least 7 others been sold.I dont own a Z but speaking to Z owners I get many different answers some say they are good and are happy ,others say their is a difference between detectors.I was talking to a chap at a detector shop weighting for his new Z to arrive ,he had been using the shops detector and was very happy with the way it run,his mate next to him said his Z was not as good as the shop detector.There have been problems with coils and control boxes this should not happen ,it seems Minelab /Coden have letting their quality control slip regards john :)

Latest posts