Willo's Video's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I went to Mogo detecting I also found a sixpence in the middle of the scrub. It is a tricky area to detect.

Nice vid Willo, I love detecting around the harbour, even if I find nothing the views are great. Not often there are so few people about in Manly, had the beach to yourself. :)

Opening my gold account for 2015 - 3 January 2015 @ Bendigo

Happy new year fellow prospectors!

Had a family holiday down in Bendigo visiting some friends. Managed to sneak out for 3 quick outings in the local area.

Outing one saw me swinging the 5000 at 6.00 am as it was going to be 40 degrees later on. I worked an area I had been lucky enough to christen my new machine in 2012 with a 6 gramer. However this time I was using vastly different timings and the lead targets - shotties, small bullets and even 3 musket balls flowed in steadily. After about 35 junk targets, i dug a nice soft tone near a small clump of grass for a piece of lead. Near the base of a small shrub, about 30 cm away, a similar noise sounded through the headphones and this time a nice little 0.4 gramer emerged from some slaty ground. Unfortunately I lost the piece in the lounge where we were staying admiring my first find for 2015 as humble as it was!

Next morning saw me working an adjacent area, heaps of lead targets again. Decided to do a quick switch of spots and put on the Sadie coil I got for Christmas and snagged a nice little 0.1 gramer.

My final outing saw me go back to spot B on the second day where I found another tiny piece with the Sadie. Eager to try and find some bigger pieces, I put the 11 inch coil back on and picked up another two 0.3 gramers along a likely gully.

My first piece surrounded by a sea of lead:

1420856556_gold_3_jan_2015.jpg

My other fins from the other two outings:

1420856646_gold_finds_5_and_6_jan_2015.jpg

The first of two videos of my outings:

All the best and I hope all people have a nice rattle in the jar for 2015!

Willo

Thanks you Heatho and Oldfella for your comments much appreciated! Willo

Thanks for sharing Willo, the more of these detecting videos I watch the more I want to get out for a weekend but I still haven't been able to find a weekend that's not busy.

Nice video, good cpl of finds
Like the photos in there... Reminder that it's a great place to be with or without gold..
Thanks

Latest posts