Links within the Forum to Garrett At Pro Settings and Info.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind at all RJ,... I think it would be a great Idea for all detectors to have a links post like this. Makes it easy to steer the new chums in the right direction to get the best out of their machine and themselves in the shortest possible time frame.
Great links RJ, well done on that.
Cheers and Beers.
Silver.

Just to start myself off tonight, for an international, just wondering about a quick recommended pro setup to trial and hit a couple of parks in Sydney? :D

Hi WTG. I run my At Pro wide open. Pro zero mode and full sensitivity. If the ground is too noisy I back the sensitivity off a bit. Iron audio to 35. With these settings I hear everything but the iron. I let my ears and experience decide which targets to dig. Iron audio is switched on when needed to give more info on a target.

I use discrimination in areas chokka with bottle tops, otherwise as Ramjet suggests. You will always dig the odd crown seal however. And twisted squashed aluminium screw top.

That happens to all of us though,....(if it don't, then speak out now ! )

Jyst wondering how you guys go with pinpointing the pro. When using my old detector i could narrow it down to about a 2inch area that my target would be in.
Ive only had my pro for around a week but i already feel that the coil is too large for the purpose.
The wiggle technique doesn't narrow it down enough for public places in my eyes.
Ive also noticed that if you hold the pinpoint on for long enough trying to get an exact spot it starts to tune out the target.
short of getting a pro pointer am i going to get better with practice or do i need a smaller coil. Cheers

Crusty, have you tried a target on top of a quiet bit of ground to see exactly where under the coil it will be when you are pinpointing, that will give you a good idea of the target placement underground,.... do get a hand held pinpointer though,... speeds up recovery and gives you more time hunting,.. thus more finds in the bag all up.

crustydog said:
Jyst wondering how you guys go with pinpointing the pro. When using my old detector i could narrow it down to about a 2inch area that my target would be in.
Ive only had my pro for around a week but i already feel that the coil is too large for the purpose.
The wiggle technique doesn't narrow it down enough for public places in my eyes.
Ive also noticed that if you hold the pinpoint on for long enough trying to get an exact spot it starts to tune out the target.
short of getting a pro pointer am i going to get better with practice or do i need a smaller coil. Cheers

Hey Crustydog. I put the 5x8 coil on mine and I love it. The pin pointing is fast and spot on. Maybe it's just the coil size but I don't even need to use the pin point mode sometimes.
I'll try do a video when I get a day off.

Latest posts