HARD ROCK MINING on a tight budget: (1)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey dwt, please clarify "newbies" do you mean newbies to the mining industry or to this site??? please explain!! cheers

BJ

Sorry I got names mixed up I was directing my question to "yobskin"!!!!! please refer to question above....thanks

BJ

BJ Bates said:
Sorry I got names mixed up I was directing my question to "yobskin"!!!!! please refer to question above....thanks

BJ

Please don't be concerned or offended BJB by what yobskin has written.
He has been a bit muddled minded due to some disagreeable medication for a very serious back injury.
We on the forum have got too know him as genuinely decent fella and one who would not intentionally try to upset anyone.
Cheers Steve :D

Thanks Steve,
I am sure yobskin has his reasons and we all agree he's not usually drug induced with his comments and no offence taken....cheers

BJ

dwt said:
This thread was always going to cause some type of 'shouldn't be doing that' or 'shouldn't be saying this', it happend quite a while ago with another forum member that saw Nugget remove the hostile and negative posts that were put up, some people don't agree with this style/type of mining, others think that what happens underground stays underground.
I've never liked ones who plunge they're heads in the sand, or think that they are the be all and end all of mining, the information I provide comes from a long line of highly expierenced miners who I have/still work with.
I will not engage in a heated confrontation with any other forum members that see this thread as incorrect or shouldn't be posted, there's a PM button or a report button for that, feel free to use it.
As for the tight budget, there are plenty of guys tight budgeting small scale shows, wether their budget be 100k or the dirt they break.
All grounds different, all mining styles are different, different engineering designs, different ideas, different drill patterns, different firing patterns, different minerals, different extraction types, let's not confuse these with personal ideas of 'this is how it should only be done'
This topic has strayed a bit from the tight budget heading, but that happens from time to time on a forum, and in mining!
:)

Well said words in reply mate.....from someone who knows what they are talking about and has walked the walk!

Wow, I just saw those replies after being away for a while actually doing some gold mining, on a small scale with an even smaller budget.

Shaking my head in disbelief.

Its always been my understanding that If you dig holes in the ground to retrieve gold from beneath the earths surface (no matter how you discovered it, or how deep it is), your actually mining............yep, on a small scale! (detector holes included).

GT is spot on about your help and others, you give it freely, unconditionally and you most certainly have helped my knowledge within this area to grow greatly.

Keep up the fantastic work mate and pay no heed to the doubters.

Long live the great, informative, educational dwt threads i say!

Cheers mate ;)

Hehe, Gday MJB.

There you go mate, I put my gold mask and driza-bone back on.....here I was thinking i could get around the place unnoticed in my new 'plain clothes' look.......fail.

;)

I was thinking the same as mjb , meta.
I was going to post a where is meta post in the general section but here you :D
Glad to see your still with us mate ;)

Would never leave good mates like you behind Steve ;)

Me and the boys are out in the bush for extended stays often, most times with no 3g reception which means no internet, but i will always return.....fingers crossed! :lol:

Hey. I found this post most interesting. I'm working on a novel based around the gold mining industry starting from the '70s.

I'm not a miner myself, so my knowledge is limited at best. I'm trying to research how two guys would have actually gone about the business of setting up and operating a mine in the Kalgoorlie area back then.

I'm especially keen to know how they would have processed the ore. Might they have sent it out to a smelter?

If you can spare a few moments and some of your expertise I'd be forever grateful.

Thanks in anticipation.

Latest posts