guyra sapphires and gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad1981

Mick
Reaction score
hi all im new to the forum and was wondering if anyone has done any prospecting NE of guyra. I have read sara river and yarrow creek have sapphires and gold in them. Has anyone done any prospecting around there and any info would be great. plan on a trip over there when it warms up
Thanks Mick

Mick, if you are on Facebook, add yourself to this group http://www.facebook.com/groups/coffsharbourgoldhunters

There is a couple of guys that have travelled out that way on the group. Not sure if they did any good though. There is Sapphires in the Mann river on the top side of the range. Enough gold within an hour of Coffs to keep most of us interested...

Hey BeN,

I'm from Coffs and now live in Bondi, Sydney. My family and brothers live up there and we do some prospecting in Coffs when I go back. It would be good to head out with you when I head back.

Hi Nugget,,
Mate I've just spent last 3 weeks in the general area from Drake and South near Tamworth and East and West.
I've been lucky enough (from plenty of ground work ) to get access to gold and sapphire areas in the New England area but a lot of the good areas are via private land with permission from land owners.
Reason I put the link up is there is loads of info from people living in the area for the local and travelling prospector so instead of x marks the spot , I thought it better to give a link to with info to access to areas around the Sara River and Yarrow creek.
I spent a day prospecting at Kookabookra and if you saw the mine field of holes there you would understand my reluctance to put up any direct info hence the link. Didn't mean to rock the boat.

Other places is to have a chat for info is the Glen Innes tourist info centre and have a good chat with the old fella that runs the sapphire shop there. He has a wealth of info on the area and has been prospecting and mining in the area since the late 50's

Nugget, getting gold info out of anyone around here (Coffs) so I run the facebook group and keep it pretty tight to only those that are from Coffs or come to Coffs, actually starting to build up a decent network of people and information. Don't mean to send info offshore but its info that isn't going to be shared in public anyways...