"Prospecting" North Queensland.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Brother,

Is it still open to prospecting?

When I was up in Cairns I heard it had sold and the new owners shut the gate on prospectors. Any updates on that?

It was one spot I wanted to get to but never did because of that. I went out to the Tyrconnel gold mine a couple of times instead which is on part of Mount Mulligan station.

I heard that Tyrconnel had changed hands also just before I left Cairns at the end of December. Any updates on that?

Cheers,

Grant

k man said:
Mate it is good to see you have a wealth of information and knowledge of your local area and are only to kind to offer it to us on this forum.if i wasnt stuck in SA I would love to be up that way as I would give those areas a good look. On ya rc62

Hi k man, we just rushed through SA stopping at Uiooloo for a swing for one day with no luck. Have you tried this area near Terowie? Any other suggestions on our way home to WA in a few months?

Phil

Thanks for posting this info rc62burke, it is really appreciated.

I really hope I get a chance to get up that way this year, looks like some lovely country indeed.

Cheers,
Bec. :)

Georgetown has Telstra mobile coverage, however at Western Creek itself there is no mobile reception. You can get limited reception, 1 maybe 2 bars, at the turn of from the Georgetown - Forsayth Rd.

At Forsayth there is no mobile reception unless you stand in the right spot on the verandah of the general store, and then you might be lucky enough to get enough reception to send/receive a couple of SMS.

If you need to be contactable while detecting in this area, then a sat phone is the only way to go.

Cheers

Gerard

You can get reception at Western ck if you go to the top of the hill/plant site near camp.

Yes
That's right Simmo, you can also get a signal a few K's out on the road back to the main road.
There is good reception to make a phone call at the Forsayth store & at Dells Hole you can get a good signal strength at the water tank near the homestead, you can get mobile internet here too, I believe if you tried at different locations around the district on the high points you would also get a signal.
cheers
Lee

rc62burke said:
Yes
That's right Simmo, you can also get a signal a few K's out on the road back to the main road.
There is good reception to make a phone call at the Forsayth store & at Dells Hole you can get a good signal strength at the water tank near the homestead, you can get mobile internet here too, I believe if you tried at different locations around the district on the high points you would also get a signal.
cheers
Lee
Hi lee my cuz and I will be up at western creek in early may
so thanks for your info
mond

Hi Lee, Have you ever heard of any gold being found around Rosella plains station? I did some work out there a couple of years back and in the afternoon went for a drive. The country is very interesting and has been explored by surveyors according to the owners. Some large quartz rock showing in some of the areas we explored. Cheers Rick

Hey kemjak57

I have not heard of anything there but that just means I really haven't paid it much attention, I have been there many years ago, hunting.
There is "Gold" almost all around the area, so a little research may show something?
I have too much country to cover now so it really is not on my Radar!!!!
cheers
Lee

Thanks for that. Australia is indeed a huge country and we can only cover a very small area in our life time. All the best in your hunts. I enjoy reading about your exploits. Cheers, Rick

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the info.

The missus and I usually head across to west oz but in light of your very helpful information we have decided to give FNQ a go this year.

Have just sold our 5000's and have got a 7000 and 2300 from Pete at Gold City.

Will be up there early may, hopefully we might bump into you.

Thanks again for your great info.

Cheers

Qlden

Hi people ,was going too curry in early july ,but my mate cant make it now baby due lol thats why i did not go last year , going too take a week or so up too george town area try my luck not so far too travel from cairns ,really like too post some finds on here .great guys you are ,steve

Hi Rc62Burke :)

Thanks for the great info. :) :)
Heading north next week so will try and give Western Creek Station ago after I finish at Agate Creek in early June. :)

Jerry

Western Creek Station do you need to call or just show up at the homestead and ask ? anyone got gps location on it ?

Latest posts