Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
I think some Aussie soil can be quite acidic, could be the reason.

Too wet for detecting here. I'm bored.
Raincoat time Heatho,... I tape up the Detecta housing in a snaplock, as well as my earphones, and get out in it and dig,... just put a towel in the car for the seat on the way back.

rocketaroo said:
Good sniffing S :) I havent detected in 2 days :(
I want to go out again, but Mrs Silver recons it's beach time with no detectors,.... oh well, gotta roll with the flow on some occasions just to help keep the peace,.... I'll scout some spots by detouring on the way down to the coast(hee hee).
Hope you get out soon RKT.

silver said:
Heatho said:
I think some Aussie soil can be quite acidic, could be the reason.

Too wet for detecting here. I'm bored.
Raincoat time Heatho,... I tape up the Detecta housing in a snaplock, as well as my earphones, and get out in it and dig,... just put a towel in the car for the seat on the way back.

Mate that's dedication for sure. :)

silver said:
rocketaroo said:
I want to go out again, but Mrs Silver recons it's beach time with no detectors,.... oh well, gotta roll with the flow on some occasions just to help keep the peace,.... I'll scout some spots by detouring on the way down to the coast(hee hee).

I reckon you'll suffer withdrawal if your not out more Silver. :p

Sandta said:
I went out to the beach this morning , with my new purpose bought rain coat( that turns out to be NOT waterproof at all) :mad:
Think i got 36 cents for my efforts :rolleyes: and a good handful of ring pulls ;)

I went out with old mate once with garbage bags on for raincoats in the howling wind at the beach,... cut well they are nice and waterproof.

Jaros said:
silver said:
rocketaroo said:

I reckon you'll suffer withdrawal if your not out more Silver. :p

Managed to get 15 minutes in this evening Jaros,...as it was getting dark,... while waiting for number 1 son to be ready to come home from down at the beach(second trip down today).
Photo of finds to follow.

Here is my 15 minutes worth,... under pressure,.... no silver, just copper, both old(1c&2c) and modern( $2.00)
1430559221_sam_0670.jpg

silver said:
Sandta said:
I went out to the beach this morning , with my new purpose bought rain coat( that turns out to be NOT waterproof at all) :mad:
Think i got 36 cents for my efforts :rolleyes: and a good handful of ring pulls ;)

I went out with old mate once with garbage bags on for raincoats in the howling wind at the beach,... cut well they are nice and waterproof.

A hell of a lot cheaper than the $50 i paid for this 'sponge' too :8
Will be taking it back for refund

Sandta said:
silver said:
Sandta said:

A hell of a lot cheaper than the $50 i paid for this 'sponge' too :8
Will be taking it back for refund

I'm just soo glad that no one ever got photos of us out there having a dig in our garbage bags.
Never cost old mate a cent either,... as I bought the pack of garbage bags,.... He is a lot thinner than me, so it would have looked like fatty and skinny having a dig ( Mrs Silver recons Cooch and Wal from Footrot Flats).

Thanks Fellas, I honestly just thought it was going to be silver, didn't even look at the screen on the Ace250, just got excited about it as I've puled a fair bit of silver around and under the easy to get roots out wider But this one had been completely overgrown by a few roots and only a precision surgical incision would(ethicaly) permit of its retrieval, after all it is a big old tree and I didn't want to do a hack job on it,... as for the commentary, it's like that in my head all the time, I just let it all out(ha).
Now there is one more signal under an old root on a nearby tree that requires my attention, I'm glad the last one didn't get scratched during the excavating,.. I don't condone the butchering of any trees by anyone, but if you have the skill set and perseverance to save the top layer and glue it all back in place properly afterwards so it looks like you were never there when you walk away at the end, I'd say,.. good job, after all, you hardly find a signal like that,.. ever.

Cheers and Beers.
Silver.

k man said:
Great vid. Silver good to see the care you took in its vemoval.a lot neater job than a tomahawk :D

That thought did bounce across my mind as well K man, early in the thought process,... but some form of artistic desire and a feeling of kinship with the trees prevailed and I ended up doing it the only way that was open to me as a choice,.... it was tight though.

Latest posts