Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mbasko,

Don't know where Im going wrong. Click on youtube upload button then paste link in, does not work?

When you are posting a youtube click the "share" icon and copy the link as circled in red in my image below. Not the page url.

1430135218_aaayoutube.jpg

Brumble-Gum said:
It did, cheers between the knees and a good whack.
I might have to take the panties off and put some jocks on.
I haven't hit it that hard. I will tomorrow.

Thank you.
:lol: I was worried about it when I first got mine too. It takes a fair whack.
Are ya going to christen it tomorrow after you smack it around a bit? :lol:

mbasko said:
Brumble-Gum said:
It did, cheers between the knees and a good whack.
I might have to take the panties off and put some jocks on.
I haven't hit it that hard. I will tomorrow.

Thank you.
:lol: I was worried about it when I first got mine too. It takes a fair whack.
Are ya going to christen it tomorrow after you smack it around a bit? :lol:
I certainly will sometime this week, I have to get a windscreen put in the Suzuki today unfortunately.

Ok so I took my SDC to Central West Prospecting Supplies and it turns out I was too scared to hit the back of the LED display hard enough as suggested by fellow PA members.
It was suggested that I place the battery section on my thigh and hit the handle towards my self. This works every time.
Thanks for all your help.

Ok who is sick of finding the dreaded lead shot ! Well you still will but what I did yesterday changed a few things .First thing is load up with a bucket and start detecting instead of looking for your target throw the handful in the bucket .All up I detected 33 targets in 45 minutes if you add up each target at 5 minutes to identify! quickly 45 minutes turns to 3 hours or more ! Took the bucket home and panned contents in 10 minutes .3 peices of gold the rest lead shot this dosnt replace the thrill of finding out what the target is but enables you to cover more ground in my case lucky to live in bendigo and nip out in my lunch hour for a bit of yellow. Dr :)

I reckon once you have honed in on the target and have it in your handfull/scoop, it shouldn't take you 5 min to pick it out.......30 sec at best!

I mean its either in the scoop, or its still in the ground yeh!

A lot of unnecessary double handling and panning when its not needed.

I do understand the time constraints some are under however, and applaud your ingenuity though.

New ideas are what makes you more efficient at finding gold.

;)

It's sometimes is very difficult to find the target Meta, they even slip through your fingers, I'm doing what DrBean said next time just for a bit of a change.

I've spent more than 5 mins on some targets with the SDC, can get frustrating the targets are so small sometimes.

I like the idea for time-pressed excursions to work a small known defined area as the number of targets secured should increase dramatically. Could I live with not knowing where the gold specifically came from.........maybe :rolleyes:

For day trips to new areas I like to find yellow and see if I can pick up a run; so knowing what I get from where is important. The type of trash is also a good indication of likelihood for success.

Chasing this stuff with the SDC is time consuming regardless of your extraction technique as pinpointing the small stuff is difficult. I think I can out gun most operators with my fiskars heat flattened scoop setup :cool: but am often frustrated by those pesky disappearing targets. :mad:

1431039718_image.jpg

Wally69 said:
I like the idea for time-pressed excursions to work a small known defined area as the number of targets secured should increase dramatically. Could I live with not knowing where the gold specifically came from.........maybe :rolleyes:

For day trips to new areas I like to find yellow and see if I can pick up a run; so knowing what I get from where is important. The type of trash is also a good indication of likelihood for success.

Chasing this stuff with the SDC is time consuming regardless of your extraction technique as pinpointing the small stuff is difficult. I think I can out gun most operators with my fiskars heat flattened scoop setup :cool: but am often frustrated by those pesky disappearing targets. :mad:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1431039718_image.jpg

Wally do you have a picture of your Scoop ??

With the average size of the flakes of gold the SDC finds, I found a flat scoop very advantageous.
I purchased one with the 2 ridges which cut the time in half again. not cheap at $19 but worth every cent.

1431050389_capture.jpg

Drbean said:
Ok who is sick of finding the dreaded lead shot ! Well you still will but what I did yesterday changed a few things .First thing is load up with a bucket and start detecting instead of looking for your target throw the handful in the bucket .All up I detected 33 targets in 45 minutes if you add up each target at 5 minutes to identify! quickly 45 minutes turns to 3 hours or more ! Took the bucket home and panned contents in 10 minutes .3 peices of gold the rest lead shot this dosnt replace the thrill of finding out what the target is but enables you to cover more ground in my case lucky to live in bendigo and nip out in my lunch hour for a bit of yellow. Dr :)

I'm with Wally on this one, I like to know and mark my find spots on my GPS. Don't care as much with the trash, but knowing where the gold came from helps to understand its possible source and other possible finds areas in the vicinity.

Rob.

Latest posts