WA prospector death and missing wife. The Raymond & Jennie Kehlet mystery.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chewy said:
Surely there would have to be a coronal inquest into how he died. Strange that police are not saying how he died tho. If they don't know, wouldn't they just say so?

And the dog didn't stay with the wife and couldn't lead searchers to her, but found its way back to town OK? Too many unanswered questions still.

Something on the news on Channel 9 in half an hour (6pm WST) not sure what it will go into but saw a special report advert.

It appears the GPS and detector were not with him.

There have been over 3,500 permits issued this year, the ground is drying up and everyone is on the move
or getting ready to go.
Someone will find something, overhear something etc.

1430127464_capture.jpg

grubstake said:
Chewy said:
Surely there would have to be a coronal inquest into how he died. Strange that police are not saying how he died tho. If they don't know, wouldn't they just say so?

And the dog didn't stay with the wife and couldn't lead searchers to her, but found its way back to town OK? Too many unanswered questions still.

Where was the dog found ,, near or in the caravan park ? ,,, I believe the friend was staying there , the one who was with them before they disappeared , he was dismissed as a suspect early on ,,,,,,,,,

3 more items are on the list thats not been mentioned ,, I dare say a picture might surface at a later stage of the missing items , when police media get the nod ,,,

Westaus said:
Something on the news on Channel 9 in half an hour (6pm WST) not sure what it will go into but saw a special report advert.

It was mostly an interview with their kids, who are as puzzled as the rest of us about what has happened. Especially by the dog turning up in Sandstone, miles away from their campsite - apparently he was usually inseparable from the couple.

When the police inspector was interviewed, He said that they have found nothing to indicate this is a criminal act. They showed pictures of a detector, I think it may have been a Garrett, a chain, a rope, all of which I think would be for chaining as they were quite short, a GPS and they also mentioned another coil but can't remember if they showed it. I still believe that all serious incidents, like threats etc should be recorded on these sites as since this has happened I have read a few post here and other forums about prospectors being threatened or scared by people with guns. By doing this we may just see a pattern and save a life. It may sound dramatic but surely we have a responsibility to each other as we are the only ones who can protect us, no one else can.

I don't really watch the TV anymore. Only listen to the radio on the way to work while eating breakfast.

Some how missed this though. :|

I don't know anymore than anyone outside of the circle of people immediately involved in this unfortunate situation do.

Having read this post and multiple internet news bulletins, I haven't heard any mention of where the police profile pictures of the two missing prospectors were sourced from.

...are they police "mugshots"? :(

Either way, let there be something other than sole negativity come from all of this.

Still doesn't make sense why the police will not provide a cause of death if everthing is straight forward and above board. If he fell down a shaft and died , whats wrong with saying that ? What are they hiding.

GaryO said:
Still doesn't make sense why the police will not provide a cause of death if everthing is straight forward and above board. If he fell down a shaft and died , whats wrong with saying that ? What are they hiding.
Similar to what i was thinking GaryO, possible that there is details that they need to keep to themselves incase people do give info and need to to authenticate it, i have seen the police do this firsthand myself on a rather large case i had to give information on and it was a few small details i mentioned that prioritized my lead on the case

Terrraaustralis2014 said:
I don't really watch the TV anymore. Only listen to the radio on the way to work while eating breakfast.

Some how missed this though. :|

I don't know anymore than anyone outside of the circle of people immediately involved in this unfortunate situation do.

Having read this post and multiple internet news bulletins, I haven't heard any mention of where the police profile pictures of the two missing prospectors were sourced from.

...are they police "mugshots"? :(

Either way, let there be something other than sole negativity come from all of this.

The mug shots are from their Drivers license ,,,,

well that does bring a lot more questions to light doesn't it, unlocked car with keys in it and the loaded firearm on the seat, wallet with everything bar cash, it just doesn't sound like a freak accident, i do believe there is a lot more to this that we don't know yet
Thank you for adding that link Grubstake

Yep. If there are not suspicious circumstances why not be open with the public. It sounds like a they're watching this space. Waiting for something to drop into their laps. If I were the kids I'd be very upset with the apparent lack if action.

A question I would ask.
How far apart was the detector from the chain,
like What was closest found in relation to where there camp was and there distance.
Why, because if they were found in an out bound direction and dropped close
to each other, then some 1 was being chased and they had to discarded the gear.
My thought.

Cheese said:
A question I would ask.
How far apart was the detector from the chain,
like What was closest found in relation to where there camp was and there distance.
Why, because if they were found in an out bound direction and dropped close
to each other, then some 1 was being chased and they had to discarded the gear.
My thought.

It is my understanding that the detector, chain and rope have NOT been found and that is why the police have asked people to watch out for them.

Rob.

Latest posts