NEL coil information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came with a skid plate to, I also sprayed the plate with rubberised undercoating, hopefully it will give it a longer life, I read about this on a forum, I think it was from Meggie!!!!

I brought a sharpshooter for the AT Pro recently, via their web site.

No problems paying via paypal, they email receipt and despatch information, price seems reasonable ($160 delivered).

Coil came with skid plate and plastic nut and bolt.

Looks pretty good and appears to work very well, got the Sharpshooter to help me in very trashy parks and seems to do the job so far.

I would recommend them at this stage.

I've recently started using a NEL Tornado (12 x 13 DD) on my Fisher F70. It's an excellent coil with good sensitivity and coverage, plenty of depth and easy pinpointing. It's quite light for its size (674g), but seems very well made. I'm so impressed that I'll be buying another for my Sovereign as soon as I can. :)

I know this is an old post /thread ,, but I just heard about a fellow finding a nugget with an X terra 705 with a Nel Hunter coil .

Are hese coils better than the stock minelab ones that come with the xterra ?

I don't know about the X-Terra, but I certainly leave my NEL Hunter on full-time on my Garrett AT Gold.

At present, NEL make a range of X-Terra coils with various specific frequencies: http://www.nel-coils.com/

But they're soon going to introduce revolutionary, multi-frequency X-Terra coils:
1431511214_nel_xterra_coils.jpg

NEL coil models/dimensions:
1431511344_nel_coils.jpg

I'm using a NEL Tornado on a Fisher F70 and like it so much that I've ordered a NEL Hunter for my Sovereign Elite.

G'day
Recently ordered and received a Nel Hunter 18.75khz for my xterra 705 and loving it,tid's seem to be more consistent than the stock concentric coil,better junk recognition as you move the coil slowly away from the target
But it is slightly heavier although not a problem
Took 13 days from order to delivery,much better than a order I placed with a rather infamous Victorian prospecting shop that I ordered a pinpointer and a mckirk sluice from ,we are now at 30 days from order after being emailed that it would be approx 2 weeks for delivery,(not happy?)

Yes, I thought you were going to say that. What's the best choice for a TDI-SL?

NFs or MJ/RBs? My regrets for this question but am just about to invest and I'm still struggling with the final choice...as you can tell.

I started a thread for some advice and it seemed no-one thought it was worth answering. (I guess because the subject has been done to death so to speak).

If I had to go through purchasing coils again from new for the SPP, I probably would have gone with the Razorback Longreach range. They were built more with Australian conditions in mind over the regular MJ Folded monos. I was never keen on using the Minelab spec coils, prefer to stick with what was specifically developed for these Whites detectors.

Brian mentioned they had fitted sturdier cabling to the RB coils, and the white plastics fare a lot better in the Oz heat compared to the black plastics on the MJ (the black coil plastics may distort slightly, causing some stability issues during the summer months). I already have some movement on the outer casing of the MJ coil cables, so apparently this has been addressed on the newer Longreach coils.

I did ask whether it was worth upgrading from my current MJ coils, performance wise, and he said there wasn't a hell of a lot to gain from doing so. So I will stick with what I already have for now (5x9" MJ & 7x11" MJ). Apparently the 7.5 x 12" RB Longreach has been very popular, and pretty much sells out quick as new stock arrives. :)

Just reading this thread for my AT gold , may I ask what made you guys choose the hunter over the other models , just doing research before making a purchase.
Cheers

Both my Garrett AT and XTerra have a NEL Hunter attached and both are used from Sea water edge to Goldfields, havn't had a need to take them off since they were first fitted some years back.

I know this is a really old post but I'm interested to know whether you guys that swing the AT Pro with the Nel on them are swinging them for coin shooting or gold hunting. My reason is simple. My Pro is much lighter to use than my ATX and if I could get away with using the Pro, I would be able to swing for a lot longer. Good to hear your thoughts. Thanks, TD

Oh and on EBay, from the Ukraine, are these coils credible or are they like the crap from China?

The ATX control box can be hip/chest mounted, just like an Infinium or Sea Hunter, which make it lighter and easier to use for longer.

Latest posts