My First High-Banker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmzgold

boyd
Reaction score
About two months ago i decided it was time that i upgrade from my AM Boss 2 sluice, and build a high-banker.
My main criteria was to build a high volume unit to suit Eldorado, I wasn't to worried about portability, as nearly everywhere is easily accessible, so after seeing other members creations in action and doing some research, my project began.
I started with a 2400x1200x1.8mm sheet of alloy, which i got a mate to cut and bend into two channels hes, a steel fabricator.
still got 900x1200 of the alloy sheet for my next project, everything else i did with hand tools, a pop riveter and silicon.

I have now finished it and thought that i should do a post and share, so here it is.

Fitted an end-cap
1429707624_copy_of_sam_0238.jpg

Formed up the hopper
1429707092_copy_of_sam_0240.jpg

Joined the two half's together and made a prototype stand.
1429707092_copy_of_sam_0261.jpg

After about weeks of the finer points and receiving my chonda 5.5hp 2" pump, and hoses and fittings,
it was of to Eldorado to do some testing and refinements.
1429707092_copy_of_sam_0308.jpg

1429707093_copy_of_sam_0309.jpg

The build was as much fun as using it.
Overall it runs fantastically, but still want to do a couple of tweaks to help it process clay a bit better.
Total cost of high-banker Was $100 (a lot of bits came from the local refuse center).
Total cost of pump/hoses/fittings $400
Cheers
Boyd

P.s. i will do a separate post of what i got from my test run.

That looks awesome, hope you got a bit of color on the maiden run.
Well done.
Brad....

Thanks guys
Yeh Aushunter
did get some color the thing ran great and it proved itself on its maiden run, 3 grams of gold including 7 pickers, 1 threepence, 4 little saphires and a heap of garnets, quartz, topaz.
This was over a 10 day period, during which i only put in about 30hrs. :lol: :lol:
best of luck
Boyd

Latest posts