Just Joined PA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi to all out there in Gold Fever Land,
Yes I am a newbie when it comes to this BUT I am looking forward to lots of interesting info that I hope you all can provide.

I read all about loamer's tips on where & what to look for & have got to say that that is one of, if not, the most informative detailed piece of work I have read.

I have actually done a quick course on a Saturday with Coiltek in Maryborough-Vic...this was a good start for me as a beginner & I am still looking to sponge up all the info / detail that you people would like to supply me with... ( didn't find anything though !)
I am situated 33km's Sth West of Ballarat & there is a lot of history out this way BUt knowing where to actually start is another thing.
I currently own a Minelab GP3500 with more than a few options of coils to suit BUT recently purchased a Garrett ATX Pro .... the main reason for my purchase was that I was looking to upgrade ... of course I just couldn't see the reason or justify to take out a second mortgage just to buy the GPZ7000 ... Hence I now own the Garrett ... I am hoping that this was a good choice so I am looking for pointers / tips that apply to this model ... any help would be good.

I have downloaded a few of the ATX video's for setup / hotrock balancing out etc & have a GEOVIC A/C but I am still looking for someone that can point me in the right direction ..... anyway that's enough about me for the time being & I hope that all you fellow Gold Enthusiasts are able to set me on the Alluvial Path so that at least I finding something !
Take Care & keep on swinging .....

Yakuza61

:cool:

Hi Jaros,
Say does anyone out there know if there is gold still being found in the Enfield State Forest & Linton State Forests in Vic. ??
I am situated close to here & trying to stick close to home whilst I am learning with the new detector ( ATX Pro )

:cool:
yakuza61

Yakuz, just type in Enfield once you click on the magnifying glass icon up top of the page/left and you will get some recent discussion on the topic
Jaros :p

Thanx for that ... see how gullible am I .. its a Garrett ATX Extreme Deepseeker Package... woops .. gotta get used to that . :8

yakuza61

Welcome to the forum Yakuza61,

Cool avatar, the 'gold ninja' good luck with the gold hunt and enjoy the forum.

Regards

Lambi

Latest posts