Garrett Extreme

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me either. I'm not located around any real Gold bearing areas.....mores the pity, but hope to get to the Triangle in March. Come on March

I finally picked up the deepseeker kit just now and it was a long time coming. I am in Tamworth now and heading back to gunnedah for a few days so if anyone has any ideas for gold or gems in the area I will try to check them out.

Tassie Daz said:
So john did you buy the deepseeker package or did you get it separately?
I ordered the whole pack in september, got the basic pack in december and finally picked up the remainder yesterday. A coil cover for the standard coil came in the box but no coil cover for the big mono

Does well on the beaches but has issues with sand in the shaft slides and cable issues

Hi John, I haven't had any hassles with the shaft and sand as I wash it out every time I come home.[When I go to the beach] I haven't had hassles with the cables of the detector but I have had 2 headphones plugs break. I guess that's just wear and tear.

And Toysandthings and Grubstake, I'll break the silence. I don't live on the gold fields or anywhere near them but I can boast finding my first gold when I was over there at my last visit. No 177oz rock or 82oz nugget, just a 0.31g tiddler, but I will tell you it was either a fluke or I can legitimately say my ATX can find subbies. It doesn't matter whether you have an ATX, a 5000, a 4500 or a 7000,...........if you don't walk over the stuff you wont find a thing. So those many who haven't yet cracked it, and that tiddler is the only gold I've found, its more a matter of reading the ground and knowing what you are looking at, than what you are using.

We must all live in hope that we will walk over the right square foot of gold laden ground, and only then will find our nugget.

My atx gets used heaps ,, more often on my beaches around perth , the swan river gives up some cool old relics that show up from time to time , and this rain were having should wash out a bit of the river sand exposing some limestone bedrock at a few old ww2 era camping grounds
I updated my dd for the new dd as I found a hole in the coil lead near the bottom shaft , garrett replaced it on the spot I even got a coffee while I waited and some new info on ground to hunt ,,
Btw the atx is chipping away in the background getting all that big gold leaving none for the 7000 , lol ,

Good on ya stalker, keep at it, then the 7000 buyers will be complaining that the new machines no good too. Hey John, might see ya there. We're off to NT for a while this year but we are really keen to get to the West, probably next year too. I'll be taking my ATX too to see if its as good as some of the professionals are saying it is. But it seems the longer it goes, the further out one has to go to get amongst the good stuff. Anyway mate, good luck.

Latest posts