Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same issue, especially going over vertical walls in alluvial pits and trenches, where I kept turning the detector over. Only ever had issues with the Powerizer batteries, not the Powerex Imedion cells I normally use. I gently stretched the springs and never had the problem since.

Thanks for the replies, I thought of using it as a electronic loaming tool mainly. Poking up small gullies and wash outs finding any trace of gold shedding from the hills and mountains above. This could lead me to patches of gold higher up and as you blokes say its portable and easy to operate. I did like the ability of the sdc to run in hot ground with that 8" coil and its sensitivity to find small gold seems to me to be the way to go for finding those patches or high benchers. I did buy a GMT that was meant for that purpose, but the hot rocks in the creeks just got the better of me and i sold it.

Well its good to know others are having success with theirs for this purpose and most people seem to be happy with their SDC purchase. :)

Everytime I head out with the SDC I consider it patch hunting - maybe not what your thinking but I'm always hopeful of finding a nice patch or run of little nuggets that may lead to bigger ones or nice speccis etc. My detecting is focused on old diggings though & not virgin ground so I'm really only seeking out a patch or run of missed "scraps".
I think the SDC could be a good tool for that purpose though but used in conjunction with a deeper seeking PI. The following post is an example of what I reckon could be possible with the SDC for the initial gully work. Note however the source was located at 500mm hence the need for a deeper seeking detector also:
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/829-favorable-gold-geology/?p=8247
The SDC could no doubt lead you on a path of elluvial crumbs but once they petered out I reckon that's when the big guns need to be used. A knowledge of the area & the geology are also invaluable as seen in the above post.
The SDC is also great on speccis & could no doubt lead you to an undug leader or even reef. I had posted a link on here before from a bloke on another forum who had found speccis in an area his GPX didn't "see". These led him onto a small leader that had been missed.

Same problem on the weekend.
Spoke to one bloke and he said to send it back to minelab????
Seems when you bump the end of the shaft on rocks. straight down.
I did bend the springs a bit but didn't want to damage it.
JR
What a pest.

TO ALL WITH SDC2300 IF your machine is turning off when you bump coil rap 2 turns off clear packing tape around batteries and scratch ends up with emery cloth and yes I tried heat shrink to thick .

Thanks mate haven't been back for long time funny as couldn't remember my password checked link and yes tape is the go . $4000 bucks you think they would of made a battery pack that hooks up good machine but crap battery holder !

Hi mate, reasonable force is needed, in the following manner.

1430111873_capturez.jpg

Brumble-Gum said:
Redfin said:
I have tried this, I feel like I am going to snap the top part of the handle off if I hit it any harder.

That's what it takes, I'm afraid. :eek: Anything less won't do it, in my experience.

On the bright side, I haven't seen any complaints of handle breakages yet. But there's always a first time, I guess. :lol:

It definitely requires a big hard hit; took me a couple of goes to get the right amount of force.

Its construction is military grade, so don't worry about breaking it or wearing it out. It has been well tested.

+3

Sharp hit with the palm of the hand. A short sharp blow would be best to describe it. I ll do a video demo and try and post it for you.

Latest posts