under the surface - scuba diving finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Rocketaroo, I'm still figuring out the correct settings to upload stuff that's worth watching and also remembering the basics of editing (I did some film & television at RMIT but that was back in the early 1990s). I love watching other people's metal detecting & scuba videos so I thought putting some of my stuff up is a good idea.

Hopefully I'll have a new Excalibur II with a week or so and then.... strap the Gopro on and (fingers crossed) find some stuff!

Robert thanks very much for posting your video it was terrific and I enjoyed watching it. What were the coins you found a 20 cent piece? Ian

Willo - only a 20 cent piece. I have found a half penny nearby just sitting on a rock that divers swim over every weekend.
Plan to go back there once I get a "relief" valve fitted to my drysuit - my bladder has about an hour rating and I don't want my drysuit to get 'wet' on the inside while hunting for treasure.

it arrived - battery straight on the charger :)

1428485564_excal2.jpg

yep - never seen one before, was a lot more careful where I put my fingers when picking up sinkers after that.

Robert, it was nice to see your thought as you were finding things,... great vid,... thank you,.. I enjoyed the journey with you.

so new Excalibur II got dunked properly today.
Really poor visibility made everything difficult. I'm diving in a drysuit so time in water is limited by a 60 minute bladder :( still had enough air to spend another 45 minutes in the water. But don't want my drysuit to become a soggy-suit, apparently the smell of pee is hard to remove.

All bling found at this stage looks like 'junk'... found a few more coins & sinkers which I didn't get on camera.

Need to spend quite a few hours on the Excal to be able to use it competently (still spoiled by the CTX3030's display).

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/5a30N3-7ZXE[/video]

thanks for the feedback guys. The videos should get better as I get more practice, both with the camera on the detector and actually using the Excal.
Might be able to head back to Mordialloc tomorrow and have another go at a piece of reef where the sand is moving away. Was due to go out today but 3 am migraine has left me feeling like I partied all night but without the fun memories.

Heatho - would love to detect in the water at Sydney some time. Up until this week past I haven't had a functional detector I could take diving so I've been a bit restricted. Love diving and searching for booty at the same time.

Robert Le Mal said:
Heatho - would love to detect in the water at Sydney some time. Up until this week past I haven't had a functional detector I could take diving so I've been a bit restricted. Love diving and searching for booty at the same time.

Yeah I know mate, saw your thread on the dead detector. Whenever you get the chance just gimmee a yell anytime. All the best.

Errrrrr migraines suck bad, I'm prone to them myself occasionally.

I think it may be time to head under the dockings of the very wealthy peoples boats ... not much rubbish and possibly much more valuable things to find.... :)

sounds like a plan but I get nervous under vessels that could get underway - had a few small boats go right over the top even when I tow a "diver below" flag.
If I hear props in the water close by I drop to the bottom ...but it's still not fun.

Latest posts