Coiltek 14" DD is a Mono?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roscoe

Ross
Reaction score
I bought a new Coiltek 14" DD pro elite coil for my SD2200 and was using it Friday and Saturday. Every target i got i had a hard time locating the target. I thought i haven't used a DD coil for awhile, but i can't remember it being that hard to find a target with one. Anyway, by the end of the day i decided to test it on an above ground target and i think its a mono coil. The label down the bottom says 14" dd pro elite, but its sensitive on all edges of the coil.

Q- Just so i don't make a fool of myself here, the SD2200 doesn't operate on a pseudo mono mode with DD coils does it? :)

I didnt know they bought out a dd... they have a new mono 14 inch elite coil coming out.

Got photos?

The Coiltek 14" DD pro elite is a favorite for the SD2200D. Good coil.
The SD2200D doesn't run DD's in pseudo mono so it looks like the coil?
The DD pro elite should be white & the normal Coiltek 14" mono should be terracotta but they could have mixed the guts up? The 14" goldstalker was white but its a spoked type coil not solid. Give Coiltek a call - they are good to deal with & will sort it out if its a problem on their end.

Where did u buy the coil from Roscoe? I'm just wondering if it was over the net if its not a fake? I hope its not for your sake but like mbasko said coiltek will be able to help you out.good bunch of blokes

Kman I bought the coil from a dealer so i don't think it would be a fake, well i hope not. Mbasko, It must be a stuff up at the factory they might of accidentally put the 14" round mono in the 14" DD housing. LOL, talk about messing around trying to locate targets, i thought i was going crazier. :)

Thanks fella's i will call Coiltek on Tuesday.

Here's the picture of exact same looking coil.

1428228559_ct_14_dd_pro_elite.jpg

OK that's definatly going to be fake if it came from a dealer, should be a simple fixup for them you would think.good luck mate

K man the interesting thing was i used it all weekend and it ran well on the SD2200. It was a bit noisy on the shallow ground on the hills, but on the deeper ground no worries. I will let you's know the outcome when i speak to Coiltek.

Woops just checked my last post to late to edit it.I meant to say definatly not a fake.sorry for that I goty cought up trying to post during the Fremantle game on tv.forgot men can't multitask :8

The dd pro elite was discontinued mid last year.
Im surprised you got one from a dealer as i rang about 6 coiltek dealers aus wide and no one had any.
Ended up getting mine second hand from a bloke in w.a last year.

Sounds strange that it's acting like a mono
Mine definitely is most sensitive through the middle of the coil but will certainly fire up on the edge of the coil- if the target is big enough.

Reeks, The dealer didn't have the coil in stock he had to order the coil in from coiltek. I just had a look on the coiltek box and it has an Australia Air Express consignment note from coiltek to the Dealer, so its the real thing.

This coil will signal hard on a 5c coin off all edges of the coil. I will place a small nugget on the ground and see what its response is from all edges.

Reeks said:
The dd pro elite was discontinued mid last year.
Im surprised you got one from a dealer as i rang about 6 coiltek dealers aus wide and no one had any.

They must have reinstated them. Seen a bloke in WA post on 4umer that he had just got a new one but had to wait for it. I asked why the wait & he said Coiltek had been waiting for the white plastic to make them?

Well i tested it with a 1 gram nugget and its definitely a DD coil. The coil will signal on all edges but its far more pronounced on the heel and toe of the coil. Now i know this i can use the edge of the coil to pin point the target in the spoils. I didn't know a DD could be that sensitive on the edges, especially the left edge.

I used the coil for about eight hours all up now on the SD 2200, it runs well in most areas but it does signal if you scrape a rock under the coil. This was a bit annoying in rocky areas and i had to hold the coil up to prevent it touching rocks. Once on flat ground it purred along, i did find some small boot tacks, mini balls and buck shot but no gold this time around. With the amount of grass around in most areas i would of been better with the 11" dd coil. I did get a sore shoulder trying to push the 14" coil through the grass, i should of brought my swing arm.

Thanks for all of your help fellows much appreciated. :)

Latest posts