New to gemstones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A mate and I went to Grabben Gullen for a couple of days, for our first ever try at Sapphires and came away with about 30 stones between us, not many worth cutting though as they are quite small. Just wondering if anyone knows of someone in the Batemans Bay / Shoalhaven areas who cuts stones and an idea on price as I am very very new to this gemstone caper. Must say I am hooked though. Thanks in advance. Have a good Easter. Cheers, Matt

Well done on getting some, I don't know anyone in the area that cuts stones. If they are smaller than say 3-4 carat and not 100% clear with no cracks or inclusions they will not be worth cutting here as the cost will far outweigh the value. If there are some small stones that are good quality you could send them to Thailand to have done. Link below. They do a decent job for minimal cost and are a reputable company, you will get all rejects returned with your faceted stones. If you ever get any good quality ones over say 4-5 carats save them to be cut here.

http://www.lambertgems.com/

Latest posts