old mine is now mapped and recorded :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i like your enthusiasim but its not something you can just learn in a day i my self have been doing this type of stuff for 7 to 8 years now but ill talk it over with dean and we will see how much exprince in going underground and small spaces do you have ?

Well I grew up in creswick, I've never really thought into it too much up until recently so never really searched for the "good ones", been in two out creswick. The one around St Georges lake, and one that's now been caved in by God knows who, neither went very far in and had some tight squeezes to get In. I've explored every accessible one I've found @ Black hill, without any climbing gear It made it impossible to get into the deep shaft, but I went in no hesitation too all others had to use my geologist pick to use on the right hand upper level near all the prickles past the fence as my boots wouldn't grip. Always took safety as a key but know I dnt know everything (if much at all). I have some equipment being - hard hat & long lasting LED headlamp that's rechargeable my boots (getting new ones soon), two geologist picks one small one from howit street e e day & sons - I find useless as it's not tempered steel nor is it rust resistant, and I've got a much bigger miners/detecting pick that's tempered and rust resistant. I am currently undertaking my commercial pilots license and well there really confined in the small aircraft I know it's different but I know anything could happen up there and I can't just get out like its a car and I consider underground to be in similar regard tight spaces and if something goes wrong I can't just get out like that I'm not claustrophobic. I am a good listener and never take anything for granted. I consider myself extreamly trustworthy as I dnt make habits of letting people down nor abusing there trust, I also think that looking after those who would do the same for you is paramount. We all have families and love ones to get back too so I'd always treat yours and Dean's saftey as I would my own son. I'm 27y.o and have only had gold fever now for sadly a couple months in which time I've gotten 4 pans, I hate the turbo pans own 2 :( three sieves, two shovels, my high banker sluice & pump plus nmeros bits and bobs and vials for my gold & gems ect

P.s sorry about the semi novel

Thanks for sharing the story of your adventures with this forum. The adit at St Georges Lake is well known, although parts of the drive have now collapsed including the stope. Would you know the location of the other mine you refer to that has caved in ?

Here are a few more photos from Drummond.

Awww,... I wanna take risks like that too( one day),... great photography and adventure here.

I think it it was along the creek near the Australaisa mines can't quite exactly remember where (exact location) as I was only about 10 or so it caved in probably when I was about 11, and I've since gone back to look for it and to no luck. Couldn't even find the entrance it was all over grown not even sure I was looking in the right place

Gday Next1m8,
Dean is a very keen photographer and history buff,
He loves to record our gold mining heritage so we all benefit from his pics.
Cheers Steve :)
Sorry Dean if I have put my nose in where I shouldn't. ;)

Next1m8 said:
Well I grew up in creswick, I've never really thought into it too much up until recently so never really searched for the "good ones", been in two out creswick. The one around St Georges lake, and one that's now been caved in by God knows who, neither went very far in and had some tight squeezes to get In. I've explored every accessible one I've found @ Black hill, without any climbing gear It made it impossible to get into the deep shaft, but I went in no hesitation too all others had to use my geologist pick to use on the right hand upper level near all the prickles past the fence as my boots wouldn't grip. Always took safety as a key but know I dnt know everything (if much at all). I have some equipment being - hard hat & long lasting LED headlamp that's rechargeable my boots (getting new ones soon), two geologist picks one small one from howit street e e day & sons - I find useless as it's not tempered steel nor is it rust resistant, and I've got a much bigger miners/detecting pick that's tempered and rust resistant. I am currently undertaking my commercial pilots license and well there really confined in the small aircraft I know it's different but I know anything could happen up there and I can't just get out like its a car and I consider underground to be in similar regard tight spaces and if something goes wrong I can't just get out like that I'm not claustrophobic. I am a good listener and never take anything for granted. I consider myself extreamly trustworthy as I dnt make habits of letting people down nor abusing there trust, I also think that looking after those who would do the same for you is paramount. We all have families and love ones to get back too so I'd always treat yours and Dean's saftey as I would my own son. I'm 27y.o and have only had gold fever now for sadly a couple months in which time I've gotten 4 pans, I hate the turbo pans own 2 :( three sieves, two shovels, my high banker sluice & pump plus nmeros bits and bobs and vials for my gold & gems ect

P.s sorry about the semi novel

humm instersting well if deans agreeable then its a yes you can tag along :)

We will have to get you over this way for some adventures.

Hunting the yellow said:
dean that's shaft above have you or damo been down it ? I wouldn't mind checking it out could lead to something better :)

No. It's simply too dangerous to touch anything. The rock is very crumbly in places. We simply tip toed around.

Awesome...and yes ...I thought the same as Golddigga....those stringers look juicy :D

love the pictures guys, appreciate the effort you all go to, i have been in the old mines years ago in yalwal NSW when i was a lot younger and not so wise, would be great to do what you guys do but i dont have the gear to do it and more importantly dont have the experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts