7000 NON OWNERS BAND FROM COMMENTING

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I see on Gold Detecting and Prosecting Forum a new post just for 7000s, it only allowing 7000 owners to make comments on the detector the moderators give the 7000 owner the OK to post other members can read it but cannot make any comments regards john :)

old hand said:
I see on Gold Detecting and Prosecting Forum a new post just for 7000s, it only allowing 7000 owners to make comments on the detector the moderators give the 7000 owner the OK to post other members can read it but cannot make any comments regards john :)

Ahh, but if you read my post in a relevant thread there (a few from the end), there is nothing to stop people commenting in the non-restricted area, regarding what they are able to read in the limited post area. This allows owners to target the post to other owners and not get lots of unwanted replies from people just wanting to have their two pennies worth, that is not based on experience. Worth trying, but I am not sure what the outcome may be as it could still create a them and us type situation.

http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t21308-i-hope-you-re-joking-admin#206813

Rob

old hand said:
Probably best left on that forum for discussion. Nothing to do with this one?

Im glad! The amount of rot that was being spoken about the price, GPZ vs. GPX, depth,.... blah blah blah was becoming unbearable.

old hand said:

If I was a 7000 owner I would probably agree to someone saying "please only respond if you own one" , quite frankly someone posting comments like "a friend of a friend has an uncle who's brother says his sisters husband heard a workmate say that his boss's nephew was talking to a bloke who owns a 7000 and his thoughts were.......)....doesn't really help someone under most circumstances.

I've seen many a post from people who claim to be an expert and know first hand about a topic, only to realise they have just read someone else's comments and regurgitated them as their own thoughts...not the best way to get real info so understand when someone says up front if you don't own one please don't comment.

There has been a bit of stirring by some on the matter but people are a bit thin skinned these days. It may slow good discussion also, moderators should just delete the offending posts instead. Seems there are only a few topics and only a few comments in the particular forum area mentioned so it seems 7k owners don't really want to discuss it anyway.

I guess when you own something there is less to say or less questions to ask than a non-owner may be inclined to ask if thinking about a purchase. I don't usually ask questions before a purchase anyway, I research and then make my own informed decision.

This Forum just like any has it's share of "Schist Stirrers" & things get turned around, in regards to the other forum some here should not throw stones hey Jay!!!!!!!
So to pretend things are all cool here is just BS.
They are both great forums!!! but the actions/ inactions of a couple of the mods has seen me post less here lately, things constantly change & I get tired of the contstant my forum is better than your forum that goes on here, you will find that there is very little comment on the other forum about the goings on here & that is the way it should be!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers
Lee

I am a member of both forums, I never read or heard negative comments on Gold Detecting and Prosecting Forum about this forum, unfortunately "Schist Stirrers" are everywere, I think that the moderator are doing a very good job keeping them under control, Is only three or four member that have nothing better to do and that is why they opened a post just for operator/owner of the new 7000, all the negative commente where coming from people that have no intension or the money to buy one, still they wanted to interfere in conversations between people who wanted honest opinions about the new detector, therefore I think it was a very good idea.
Cheers

Both forums are great in their own right and each should concentrate on their own members, leaving each, and all other forums to their own agendas. dwt is right on the money and I for one would rather only know what's going on here and not elsewhere. ;)

Wal.

Latest posts