Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wear Police tactical overalls that have padded knee inserts that have foam similar to yoga mat material. They also have lots of pockets for spare batteries, scoop, small pick/torch holder etc.

Also picked up a waterproof/dustproof case that neatly fits my SDC, headphones and plenty of spare batteries. It is an ex US rifle scope case found on eBay for $75.
1427463505_image.jpg

Looks like your ready to go; if your not already out in the field as I type this post. Good luck and look forward to future posts with hopefully some colour amongst them :cool:

I'm heading to Ophir tomorrow to give it its maiden run, would be nice to find a nug or two but happy to just have a swing in the fresh air and get used to my new machine.

If there is anyone wanting a case for their SDC there is still one left on eBay... I actually bought another one for maps, camera, phone, battery charger and any other bits I want to lock up in the car.. They have padlock holes and I connect a chain which is wrapped around a seat mount in the car.

ebay item number 301336838622

Thats a damn nice setup u got there with that case.

Fits like a glove..:)

We hope to be in the triangle this easter doing some
'testing' ...:)

Cheers.
Lee.

hi Max... I just thought getting a small chair with you while prospecting, when you get a signal then put the chair down and then take your time working on it.. *chuckle* if your too lazy.. then just tie the chair to your body with some Velcro tapes. Make sure the chair is not too heavy, and it also works as a counter balance weight hehehee

I am thinking of buying an sdc 2300 mainly for patch finding in the areas i hunt. The areas i go in are always full of high grass and i find i have to put a small coil on my other machines anyway. I would use the SD 2200 to go back over these areas after.

Does anyone use their SDC for patch finding? :)

new to this folks so go easy! just bought a sdc 2300 and have noticed that the batteries are loose causing it to switch off when layed on ground. any others with same problem? have tried a piece of cardboard.

What brand are they? Poweriser? Some tape around them should fix it or making sure you clean the battery ends, put them in slowly & push the cap fully down + squarely to close.
My Powerisers do it occasionally but I haven't needed to tape them yet. My Tenergy ones don't do it nor have alkalines that I've used.

http://www.minelab.com/aus/customer-care/product-notices?article=243471

thanks fellas will try again. not used to forums yet. from portland vic no gold down here.

Hi All
All that crap about fitting the back battery cap square to eliminate the problem is "TOTAL" BS in my book & just a smoke screen to conceal a problem with the design!!!!!!!
I love my SDC2300 but this issue should not have made it out to the public (Testing is where it should have been picked up).

In saying that mate to rectify the problem get yourself a roll of electrical tape & put 2 wraps around the batteries circumference 1 ot the top & 1 at the bottom don't put too much on, get it just right & it will work a treat.
cheers
Lee

rc62burke said:
Hi All
All that crap about fitting the back battery cap square to eliminate the problem is "TOTAL" BS in my book & just a smoke screen to conceal a problem with the design!!!!!!!
I love my SDC2300 but this issue should not have made it out to the public (Testing is where it should have been picked up).

In saying that mate to rectify the problem get yourself a roll of electrical tape & put 2 wraps around the batteries circumference 1 ot the top & 1 at the bottom don't put too much on, get it just right & it will work a treat.
cheers
Lee
Works for me. I've had minimal issues with it happening & only with the one brand of battery (Powerizers). No tape on mine (but probably should to stop altogether) - just take care putting them in.
Good post here:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=128424#p128424

You can put a tube of heatshrink over each cell and blast it with a hairdryer and that'll make the batteries sit a little more snug, but you really need the spring to sit on top of the positive tab, hence the "putting the door on square" recommendation which does work.

Batteries with a wider positive tab also help. Haven't had a single switch off with the Dick Smith 4500mah, or the AccuPower 6000mah cells that I stock.

As long as the ground isn't too deep it will work great. Won't miss anything near the surface so perfect for finding that first bit of colour in new ground

I used tape and it fixed the problem. Also, make sure you put the battery door on properly so the spring is right over the battery end and has a good connection. This has totally stopped the problem for me. I also noticed that id only get the cut out when the batteries were nearly flat.

The good thing about the SDC is that is will find a nugget that is practically weightless. Iv found one that weighs less then 0.01g!!

After finding a few of these small pieces use a larger coiled machine to go over the sam area in search of something deeper and larger. Its worked for me.

Good luck out there.

Jordan.

The portability of an SDC, and the speed with which you can unpack it and have it going, are the biggest bonus as far as I'm concerned. You can walk where no vehicles can go.

Latest posts