interesting quartz

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz

Buzz
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry another rock inquiry, I was invited out to a friend's property up here the snowy mountains as they heard I'm getting in prospecting, they have numerous quartz outcrops some of the quartz is about 1 to 1.5m wide where breaking the surface I didn't get any yellow with the sdc but the ground has a deep top soil, anyways just like to know what is the intrusion through the quartz there's lots of granite in the area, but doesn't look like granite to me.Cheers for any help.
1427011318_imag0476_1.jpg
1427011348_imag0475_1.jpg
1427011379_imag0474_1.jpg
1427011403_imag0473_1.jpg

It's Tourmalated quartz, also referred to as Schorl, and quite common up in that region. There's a fair bit of it with quite large tourmaline crystals as thick as your thumb just outside of Cooma on the road up to "Heidi's Cafe" before the Adaminaby turn off.

Wal.

Thanks Wal, I was taken back by the size of some of the out crops & have noticed a few outcrops around the area. Also brought a bit home to crush & pan. I googled it and got "These quartz crystals have strong metaphysical properties.
They encourage a large amount of light to encircle your body, and this will heal you on many levels" no need to hit a day spa now :p

BHahaha lol.good luck with your voodoo stones :lol: :p .I'll stick to my vitamin c.good post buzz hope you get some nice colour front your dollying :)

Latest posts