Simple pendant

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This piece of tiger eye was originally a lighter shade than this, I home-cooked it on the gas BBQ :) The end of the piece closest to the heat went a nice coppery-red colour while this cab is from the other end of the piece, it darkened and took on faint greenish reflections and developed a few small red streaks.

16855875585_9c038531f9_c.jpg

16235940473_92d6e6d4d2_c.jpg

The chatoyancy is a single "lightning bolt" line which is very lively as the wearer moves.

The piece did not crack at all with the heat, I put it in a metal container and surrounded it with sand before putting it on the flame. It seems very easy to change gold tiger eye to red tiger eye at home.

WOW mate that ,is a very nice piece
Well done .
I was going to change the colour of my zircons this way ,have you cooked any zircons?

Varts said:
WOW mate that ,is a very nice piece
Well done .
I was going to change the colour of my zircons this way ,have you cooked any zircons?

I have't tried it myself Varts, I do have a couple of blue zircons that must have been treated to get that colour. Bloke who is teaching me to facet has cooked a few zircons but I think it just lightened (and ultimately removed) the colour rather than changing it.

Latest posts